What my audiologist thinks of DIY ear impressions.
Mar 6, 2008 at 10:57 PM Post #31 of 42
You could argue the same thing with the people that spend 2000 on a gaming computer then just pirate the games.

Mar 6, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #32 of 42
Queastion: my costco has a hearing aid place and I called them and they said they only do hearing aid impressions. What do i do??? everyone is saying you can get impressions at costco??? IM CONFUSED!!!!!!! what do I ask for???/do?

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:10 PM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duke309 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could argue the same thing with the people that spend 2000 on a gaming computer then just pirate the games.

Yeah it's exactly the same.

Heaps of people get their eardrums ripped out by pirated games. Pirated software is very dangerous to your health!
biggrin.gif

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:36 PM Post #35 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenkelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah it's exactly the same.

Heaps of people get their eardrums ripped out by pirated games. Pirated software is very dangerous to your health!
biggrin.gif

Well to be fair, if you're spending $2000 on a gaming computer, then obviously you're going to be spending quite a bit of time indoors away from social contact and exercise. Therefore it is a health concern because you could become obese and further risk possible heart problems later on.

Hehe, every time I see the word pirate, I automatically think of Steve the Pirate from Dodgeball. Anyone else???

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #36 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by riffjaff /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well to be fair, if you're spending $2000 on a gaming computer, then obviously you're going to be spending quite a bit of time indoors away from social contact and exercise. Therefore it is a health concern because you could become obese and further risk possible heart problems later on.

Hehe, every time I see the word pirate, I automatically think of Steve the Pirate from Dodgeball. Anyone else???

It's an equal health risk whether the software is pirated or not.

Arrr.

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #37 of 42
I read about a horrific DIY accident where somone's ear drum, hammer, anvil, and stirrup, were pulled out.
eek.gif

I would be surprised if there wasn't a disclaimer in the smallprint for self inflicted injury.

I recommend seeing a qualified audiologist...who will always examine your ears first before making an impression.

Mar 7, 2008 at 1:42 PM Post #38 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read about a horrific DIY accident where somone's ear drum, hammer, anvil, and stirrup, were pulled out.
eek.gif

I would be surprised if there wasn't a disclaimer in the smallprint for self inflicted injury.

I recommend seeing a qualified audiologist...who will always examine your ears first before making an impression.

For sure.

I think there was a post here about that. I followed some links and there was a page full of photos of various ear injuries. Not nice.

Mar 8, 2008 at 7:06 AM Post #39 of 42
With our current "advanced" technology, we still can't replace human ear drums once it's broken, so if u messed up your ear drums, you are basically deaf until our technology advanced enough to replace ear drums with artificial one. Same goes with eyes, tho i heard eyes can be implanted ?? i could be wrong :p

Mar 8, 2008 at 7:12 AM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by voicemaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With our current "advanced" technology, we still can't replace human ear drums once it's broken, so if u messed up your ear drums, you are basically deaf until our technology advanced enough to replace ear drums with artificial one. Same goes with eyes, tho i heard eyes can be implanted ?? i could be wrong :p

I had my eardrum destroyed by an infection when I was a wee little lad, and they grafted on a new one at the Shae clinic in Memphis. SHEA EAR CLINIC

Mar 8, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by voicemaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Agreed, no reason to risk ruining your hearing in order to save $40. IMO good hearing and good impressions are worth way more than that
rolleyes.gif

Mar 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #42 of 42
40 bucks sound a whole lot better than eardrum replacement surgery, but thats just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back