What music would you like played when you've bought the farm?
Dec 1, 2010 at 12:05 AM Post #16 of 28

I hope you get planted with some Beats or other crappy 'phones so you can leave whatever good ones you have to family or friends. 
wink_face.gif

Funeral music, Side one of 2112.

Quote:
I've already given instructions that Exile on Main Street be played once in its entirety and then everyone go home.

Then bury me with headphones on.

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:10 AM Post #17 of 28
For about a decade, I have asked friends to make sure "Let Down" from Radiohead's OK Computer would be played.

I should put that in writing, I guess.  That and Peter Gabriel's Passion Soundtrack. 

Dec 1, 2010 at 12:31 AM Post #18 of 28
I don't know but I really don't want any sad music playing at my funeral.  Maybe In Memory of Elizabeth Reed by the Allman Brothers?  IDK just something more celebratory than reminiscent.     

If I were actually buying a farm I'd want some Ricky Skaggs or Earl Scruggs playing at the closing.  
tongue_smile.gif

Dec 5, 2010 at 2:50 PM Post #19 of 28
It really depends on how I die.
say I die, using myself as a crashmat for a falling chubby kid, then I'd love something slightly heroic like "all the young dudes" by Mott the Hoople
But if I were to die of a terrible disease, then Id probably like something slightly darker and boarderline ambient, so they can sit and think about what a great guy I am, like "Black Mountain" by C-mon and kypski

the song doesn't really have to be about life or death for me, I think that is a cheap way out. 

EDIT: Perhaps just freak everybody out with something like "The king of carrot flowers part one two and three" by neutral milk hotel

Dec 5, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #21 of 28
"Ashes the Rain and I"-------Joe Walsh....followed by "One Way Out"--The Allman Bros.Band for starters,... Grand Finally... " The END" by the group that changed my life........The Beatles

Dec 9, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #22 of 28
"Magnificent Madness" and "Touch" by John Klemmer and "I Love You More Today Than Yesterday" by Stevie Wonder 

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:31 AM Post #23 of 28
Darkthrone - Grave With a View
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Venom - Buried Alive (followed immediately by Raise the Dead)
Cannibal Corpse - Born In A Casket
Slayer - Hell Awaits
Twisted Sister - Burn In Hell
Candlemass - Dark Are The Veils Of Death
Bathory - A Fine Day to Die
Bathory - Reaper
Black Death - Night Of The Living Death

Dec 10, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #24 of 28
Just Breathe by Pearl Jam 
biggrin.gif

Dec 14, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #28 of 28
Guns N' Roses - November Rain. In it's entirety. I never get tired of the solo at 7:09

After that, Bloodhound Gang - FireWaterBurn, as I will be cremated when the time comes. Burn, motherf*****, burn! :)

MetroExpress, a globally distributed free newspaper actually did a reader survey all around the globe about 6-7 years ago. Most popular kicked-the-bucket theme song was, predictably, Frank Sinatra - My Way. Slightly more surprising, but awesomely cool, was the runner up - AC/DC - Highway To Hell. I really should make sure they play that one too, 'cause if the christians are right, that's where I'll be going. I've already give instructions that I want to be buried with a large bag of hotdogs, my apron and my barbeque tools. I'm an atheist, but working in IT has taught me to prepare for the unexpected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back