What music, volume level to burn-in for improving BASS,reduce treble in FutureSonics Atrio M5. Pink noise, brown noise ..?
Aug 16, 2008 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

downbc1

New Head-Fier

My FutureSonics Atrio revision 2 M5s will arrive in a few days.

I am a bass-head and I dont like any brightness in treble for the fatigue it may cause.

I read few posts about burning in but I did not get all my answers. So am seeking help.

In short these are my queries regarding burn-in:
1)What kind of music to improve BASS, reduce brightness in treble?
2)Higher than listening volume level?
3)How many hours?
4)Does order matter?

What kind of music should be played to burn-in the Atrios to improve bass(extension, punch etc) and reduce the brightness of treble (sibilance?)!
Pink noise, brown noise or which type of music?

Should I play the music at volume level higher then maximum listening level?

How many hours should I burn in?

Will the type of music used to burn-in cause earphones to become irreversibly oriented for that kind of music? It will be good if this is the case!

Does the order of burning in matter?
Is there any difference in: Burning with high bass music followed by high treble music both for same duration(say 50 hours)
and
doing the burn with treble music first followed by bass music next?

Thanks in advance
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 12:58 PM Post #2 of 4
1. No such kind of music. The benefit of burn in (if you believe burn-in to begin with) is mostly based on either 1) the theory that the mechanical movement of the transducer will 'mature' (or break-in) over time in usage to achieve a relatively stabilized output pattern. 2) the theory that the non-mechanical parts (cable, solder joints) will be 'conditioned' by the electricity. No matter what kind of music you used in burn-in, it shouldn't affect the final sound much. The only main consideration should be, how well each kind of sound will facilitate the burn-in process? Does pink noise, white noise, or music makes burn-in faster? Pick your own favorite.

2) There are different method of burn-in, but none has any strict scientific reasoning. Some use low volume at first than change to high volume (vise versa), other stick to either slightly higher or lower than listening volume. Personally, I use my own listening volume.

3) Again, pick your own favorite. Read others' review might helps but generally there isn't a fixed magical number. I use 50hrs as my standard minimum.

4) No, IMO.

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 4
Donno. All I can say is amping shouldn't be a must for atrio. My recommendation is, get the IEM and have a listen first. Don't rush in and get an amp that you won't carry around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back