What music to listen to before I go to bed?
Jan 31, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #47 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by pgott87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ratatat is an all "instrumental" air-y type band. Definitely a nice pick to ease yourself into the land of nod.

Good music there.

I would try some didgeridoo CDs. I was lookin for some the other week but don't recall the website. Anybody have any recommendations for didg stuff? (prefer all didg and drums, minimal modern instruments)

Jan 31, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #48 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chet is one on the principal artists that drew me to jazz. Substance to go with a mellow soundscape.

Vocals:

B000005HFH.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Instrumental:

B000000Y56.01._AA240_SCLZZZZZZZ_V48768821_.jpg

Bert

I concur. Chet has a very relaxing voice that goes well with traditional pop standards.

As voiced by several others here, I too am a fan of Enya. Her voice is soothing and depending upon the track(s) selected, you could fall asleep in a very short time.

Connie Dover is another vocalist that is a blessing to all that hear her. She is not all that well known, and I have only one album by her that I purchased a loooooooooong time ago. I read about her in an issue of the olde magazine (if memory serves me) "CD Review". I really enjoyed that periodical as they sold demo CDs containing songs from several artists for relatively little money and of course, if you liked what you heard you could purchase the album from which the sample track originated.

The Toad

Jan 31, 2007 at 7:22 PM Post #49 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by compuryan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you may enjoy Enigma (www.enigma.de), I love them.

Explosions in the Sky (www.explosionsinthesky.com) would be even more ambient.

Um, I wouldn't call EITS "more ambient" than anything....unless we're talking about death metal. They f'ing rule, but aren't anything close to calm. (Maybe the album The Rescue is calmer, but I still would never call it ambient).

Side note, they are playing in my town in less than 2 months. I can't wait. They are supposed to be incredible live.

Feb 10, 2007 at 11:02 PM Post #52 of 55
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowVlican /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Asian music:

Yiruma (new age piano music)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yiruma

S.E.N.S.
http://www.sens-company.com/eg/index.html

Mmmm... I quite like Asian music I think.. Its kinda the same but different. Really cool..

I heard this asian band called Classiqual Project or something and I really liked it. It was kinda funk, jazz, pop sorta stuff...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back