What music ripping software do you use?
Mar 10, 2008 at 2:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

jonoliew

100+ Head-Fier
Hello! I'm just looking for a great file format to use with a great software. Got confused.. mp3 or flac or lossless? And itunes and all the other stuff? Any recommendations?

Would your file format work on the ipod too?

Mar 10, 2008 at 2:18 PM Post #2 of 15
dbPowerAmp ripping to Flac, really easy to use and very fast too.

Flac is the free lossless audio codec, and since its a loseless audio format it is a great choice.

Mar 10, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #4 of 15
I use mediamonkey to convert my files to 192kpbs mp3s since I only have a 4Gb ipod nano. If you have one of the bigger ipods, the optimal solution would probably be to stick Rockbox on it and keep with the Flac.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 15
i use EAC to pull out FLAC from CDs.
Then Foobar2000 + Lame to convert FLAC to mp3.
i use mp3 V0 (pretty much the same quality as 320kbps but smaller in size, and i dont hear any difference between mp3 V0 and FLAC) on my ipod classic.

Mar 10, 2008 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 15
Max
Its open-source, feature rich and works very well. Just what I need...
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 10, 2008 at 10:25 PM Post #10 of 15
EAC and the lame encoder to encode stuff as MP3 on my desktop

FooBar and the lame encoder to encode stuff to MP3 on my laptop , since my laptop drive is really slow in EAC but really fast in FooBar
confused.gif

Mar 11, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonoliew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol. even more confused now ahaha. Quite a few people like this Max thing

He he
Link, if you want to check it out further. Max from sbooth.org

Mar 11, 2008 at 5:39 PM Post #15 of 15
EAC for PC, Max for Mac. I usually use EAC (simply as I am pedantic about ripping quality
tongue.gif
) and Max for converting FLAC to ALAC. I also use XLD for splitting single files with CUE sheets.

For anyone using XLD, do you always split to WAV, or direct to ALAC? I would be a bit worried splitting e.g. APE files directly to ALAC as it implies that XLD does that conversion and I am not sure about its conversion abilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back