What mp3 player did you regret purchasing and why? (within the passed year)
Jun 19, 2007 at 6:48 PM Post #31 of 64
I have bought two player over the last year that I regret. First was a 3G iPod. I wanted it more just becasue of the way it looked, but I later had to spend so much money on a new HDD and battery that I was stuck with a player that was worth a fair amount to me but almost nothing to everyone else. I was able to sell it for a fraction of the money I had in it.

Also I bought a Rio Carbon Pearl. The size and look of the player was awesome, but it was something about the interface that just bugged me so I later sold it.

I currently have a Meizu M6 on order, so I am really hoping I won't regret buying it also.

Jun 19, 2007 at 6:49 PM Post #32 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenBrouwer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Cowon Iaudio D2. I too can't stand the sound signature of cowon (anymore(!)) like a poster before me said. Time for me to step to another brand.

I thought it was suppose to be one of the best!?!

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:31 PM Post #33 of 64
Not bought in the last year, but sold during this year. An Ipod photo 60gb. The sound quality from headphone jack was soo bad I ended up using it as a portable hard drive and nothing else.

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:49 PM Post #34 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
He is just asking for too much. Zune battery life is fine here.

I'm asking for too much? The Zune says it's rated for 14 hours and I got 6 out of mine. I don't think asking for the rated battery life or even something close to it is too much.

Jun 19, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #35 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by wgr73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I thought it was suppose to be one of the best!?!

I have a feeling that the extreme good recommendations are done by people who use the jet effects. At first those effects and lot of EQing sound incredible, but after a few months you will grow tired of them and on flat the player sounds dull, veiled, "t"-sibilant and lacks quality and quantity bass.
I don't have any other mp3 player to compare with though, but to me the d2 just sounds pretty bad. And I am sure there are better players.

And other reasons were: i didn't like the touch screen and 4gb + 8gb sdhc was just not enough.

Jun 19, 2007 at 10:16 PM Post #36 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm asking for too much? The Zune says it's rated for 14 hours and I got 6 out of mine. I don't think asking for the rated battery life or even something close to it is too much.

Your first Zune behavior was fine..but you wanted to get the exact 14 hours as displayed on the box. My Zune have the same behavior as your first one and I get 10+ hours of audio+picture+video playback *always*

After 3 hours you lost 1/5 of the battery bar. You never finalized the test with your first Zune. What happens if you get just 2 hours of each section left?, you get 8 extra hours + the first 3 for a total of 11 hours playing time.

Jun 19, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #37 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevenBrouwer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
At first those effects and lot of EQing sound incredible, but after a few months you will grow tired of them and on flat the player sounds dull, veiled, "t"-sibilant and lacks quality and quantity bass.

I disagree. JetEffects sound far worse than flat settings. Some respectable members (bangraman comes to mind) have testified to the D2's proficiency without JetEffects, IIRC. Perhaps it's synergy with your headphones (I know the CX300 in particular doesn't sound very good with Cowons).

I find it humorous how touchy this thread is going to get with all the player-specific advocates about. I'm already defending Cowon and Ricardo's already defending the Zune..

Jun 19, 2007 at 10:47 PM Post #38 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo Dawkins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your first Zune behavior was fine..but you wanted to get the exact 14 hours as displayed on the box. My Zune have the same behavior as your first one and I get 10+ hours of audio+picture+video playback *always*

After 3 hours you lost 1/5 of the battery bar. You never finalized the test with your first Zune. What happens if you get just 2 hours of each section left?, you get 8 extra hours + the first 3 for a total of 11 hours playing time.

I never said after 3 hours I lost 1/5 battery. The first one I got after 3 hours it was at 2/5 battery. The second one I got, I tested it until it died, and it got 6 hours. So I'm hoping my 3rd one at least gets 10 or more hours.

Jun 19, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #39 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find it humorous how touchy this thread is going to get with all the player-specific advocates about. I'm already defending Cowon and Ricardo's already defending the Zune..

IT IS humorous lol. Interesting too though.

Jun 20, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #40 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clincher09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said after 3 hours I lost 1/5 battery. The first one I got after 3 hours it was at 2/5 battery. The second one I got, I tested it until it died, and it got 6 hours. So I'm hoping my 3rd one at least gets 10 or more hours.

Did you at least test multiple times before returning them?

Twice now I've noticed my Zune getting 6-8 hours, used with a mix of individual tracks and albums, otherwise I have only paid enough attention except to see that it is sadly short of expected. This is using --alt preset extreme at most

I might try returning mine on battery life after I test it a few more times, but long-term I think I will auxmod my car and just keep the Zune in there. The finish and UI seem better suited to use in a vehicle than an iPod, if I can find a place it fits

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:06 AM Post #41 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps it's synergy with your headphones (I know the CX300 in particular doesn't sound very good with Cowons).

p10324378.jpg

Jun 20, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #42 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 30GB iPod video.
Have found little use for this "huge" player, and its been mostly collecting dust in a drawer.

+1
That and my 1G shuffle and sony flash player sound much better. Heck I even think my 2G nano sounds a little better then my 5G ipod.

Jun 20, 2007 at 9:18 AM Post #43 of 64
I dont buy MP3 players that often, soo.... in the last year i haven't bought any MP3 players
biggrin.gif

My current: Sony NW-A3000: Love the Sound, the device just annoys me with the screen and thats about it, can't see **** all in daylight.

Previous: iPod Mini: Hated it, sounded god damn awful ever from getting the thing and was forever trying to convince myself that the crappiest, bloated highs were really good..

So, thats it. My next MP3 player will be the Sony NW-A808 or i might wait out to see what HDD players they have brewing.

And from a few posts in this thread, I'm now never going to even try and buy a Cowon Player.

Jun 20, 2007 at 9:22 AM Post #44 of 64
I now regret the purchase of a 30GB 5.5G iPod. I am still paying for it on my Sears card, despite the fact I "gave" it away to a fellow T-Boarder. (second-hand iPods are almost worthless) I just got the Sony NW-HD5, much more to my liking as it actually has a good headphone out and genuinely good battery life.

Jun 20, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #45 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Samsung YP-U2

Doesn't organise tags in order of track list. (have to use filetree)
No FM radio
No live preview of tracks as you FF through them.
Putting it on pause turns it off too fast
SQ is just ok. Previous ZM and Shuffle far better.
Play/Pause should be swapped with the menu button
Daft earphone socket location.
A squillion different versions with different firmwares, none for mine.

There were things I liked about it too, so it wasn't all bad.

another vote for samsung U2
Crappy SQ whick lack bass clearity and high extension
Also , USB plug died after 4 months
so much for samsung's QC
mad.gif

Also , iriver T30
It has ok SQ but its flat sound makes it unimpressed and not enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back