What mp3 player did you regret purchasing and why? (within the passed year)
Jun 19, 2007 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 64

EsthetiX

1000+ Head-Fier
Have you ever purchased something and then 1 or 2 weeks later suddenly realized you weren't happy with your choice? Maybe you found out that it was lacking a feature you really like that could be found in another player. Or the battery life was just totally terrible... Don't you hate when that happens?

...I just ordered a Zune! Hope it doesn't happen this time 'round!

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:15 AM Post #2 of 64
nope. i research stuff like electronics for a LOOONG time before i buy them.

non electronics... plenty =0

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:32 AM Post #3 of 64
The Philips HDD100 15GB MP3 Player. This one really sucks.
I bought it in 2004 and returned it after a week or so of trying to use it. Then i researched a lot and end up buying an Iriver H340. I'm still pleased with today ...

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #4 of 64
Archos 504, hissed to the extreme, random shutdowns, died within a week and I had to pay the shipping back to NewEgg for replacement!

iAudio x5: I got it because it was rated best sound while it's certainly a sound signature that I just CANNOT stand.

zune is SWEET though. Well, except for the computer software...

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:42 AM Post #6 of 64
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brat_Boy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I research every big electronics purchase I make. And I've been happy with all of them so far.

Alright well, I'm looking interesting contributions to the thread. If people are happy with all their purchases then that's really wonderful. BUT I made this thread to hear about disappointments
frown.gif

Jun 19, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #7 of 64
I haven't bought one for myself that I regret, but I've made recommendations to people that were regretable.

I told my aunt to buy a Sansa e260 when they were blowing them out at our Costco Wholesale. When I set it up for her I found out that I really don't like the feel of it at all. She really loves it though, which is what matters I guess.

I also thought the Zen V that I bought my little sister wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:11 AM Post #10 of 64
Toshiba Gigabeat S60V, last summer. Right now its in a garbage pile somewhere because toshiba's warranty doesnt cover the lcd screen. The sound quality was nowhere near my 1st player (H320) and though it was the best 60GB player at the time (vs. iPod gen 5 and x5 was overpriced, vision m 60gb wasnt out yet) it was a horrible pickup. Plus it required WMP (I used MM with decent results). Sucks to do so much research and still end up disappointed but thats what happens when all the dap makers get caught up in the "smaller-flash-fashion-statement" area. I'm STILL waiting for iRiver to make HDD players again but its looking like they're done....

Jun 19, 2007 at 5:54 AM Post #11 of 64
I bought the Samsung K3 because of it's killer looks and reviews online. It's an ok player and has good sound quality, but it is worthless for use in a pocket or without looking at it. It's also a huge fingerprint magnet. I was pretty disappointed with it because it can't be used without looking at it. I got rid of it and then got a Sony NW-S205F for exercise use, plus I'd been curious about it's pedometer function. That player requires Sony's Sonicstage. That isn't so bad since I use it for my minidisc gear and my NW-S705F anyway. The S205 was a disappointment because I could only get it to synch with my PC at work, but not my home PC. I tried everything to get it to work, but no go. I guess I'll just be happy with my current gear until something else strikes my fancy.

Jun 19, 2007 at 7:13 AM Post #14 of 64
I got one last year.... well it is small and has many great geatures but the SQ is really really weak. Although they later added an custom EQ on their newer firmware update but the sound is still bad. I have a zune now and the sound is simply SWEET!
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back