what motivates you?
Aug 31, 2003 at 5:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Pappucho

1000+ Head-Fier
I think that there are differencit reasons to get motivated. Personaly, I get motivated by not completing personal goals set by people not expecting enoug of me. What motivates you?

Aug 31, 2003 at 5:32 AM Post #2 of 11
for me, it's money sex drugs or love. in about that order actually.
tongue.gif

Aug 31, 2003 at 12:17 PM Post #4 of 11
My mom and dad expect me to be perfect, so that's motivation, but the main motive is getting into a good collage, getting a good degree, and getting a good job = CASH CASH CASH!!!! Money makes the world go 'round.

Aug 31, 2003 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 11
My families happiness. After that. Show me the MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!

Aug 31, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 11
There seem to be a few options missing from the poll. You could start with the "7 deadly sins" and add a few not-so-evil extras as well.

"Money" is an obvious response but unless you're looking to be listed amongst the "richest 100" it's not really the answer. It's what you intend to do with the money which motivates you.

Aug 31, 2003 at 3:52 PM Post #8 of 11
To provide everything for my family that they need.

To have a pair of speakers that sound as good as the ones Ray Samuels listens too.

To have the opportunity to listen to as much equipment as Tuberoller has.

Aug 31, 2003 at 4:16 PM Post #9 of 11
First and foremost is the health and happiness of my family. I want to make sure that they are safe and provided for.

Second are my friends (that includes the on-line friends that I have made here at Head-Fi). I like to make people happy, I like to see/hear their expressions when I do something for them that they do not expect.

Third, I would like to think that I am a selfless individual. That others come before me. I don't know if I am there yet, but I am trying. #2 motivates #3.

Last, to complete contradict #3. I want to have a headphone/speaker system that I can look forward to each and every day. For now, I am close.
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2003 at 4:38 PM Post #10 of 11
When I get enough money someday, My house is going to be audio heaven. First, I'm going to build a killer speaker system. Two RF-7's, two RS-7's, one RC-7, and a couple SVS subs (with a huge plasma TV and amps, tape decks, etc of course) Next I'll buy some headphones. I'll try to sample a whole bunch of them.

Then I shall be a happy man, a very happy man!

Getting married will probably not be a huge objective in my life. If I do get married I might or not might have kids.

Anyway, that's way down the road. I must concentrate on HS and collage now.

Aug 31, 2003 at 8:09 PM Post #11 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Pappucho
What motivates you?

Immortality. or Gatorade.

on a more serious note, i really don't know. I'm motivated to find a motivation.

A few years ago, i thought it was money. then i realized in the grand scheme it doesn't matter. Money will not matter on my deathbed. I could say that it would secure a good future for my family, but they will eventually die too. I guess the closest thing i have to a motivation is things to experience in life. And some knowledge to pass down to my kids, if i ever have them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back