What monitor should I get?
Mar 27, 2016 at 6:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

headphonesonly

100+ Head-Fier
I like playing competitive fps shooters and am torn on what monitor I should get for my ps4.

I know of the benq rl2455hm monitor which is the most popular one.
The Asus vx238h specs are basically the same. Idk, the monitor just needs to have a 1ms response time and low input lag.

Between 23 to 27 inches is my preferred screen size.

Mar 27, 2016 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 23
Check this website a few times a day.
http://www.techbargains.com/category/360/computers/monitors

Mar 27, 2016 at 11:40 PM Post #3 of 23
Benq XL2411Z has the lowest input lag and response time according to a few reviews.  Plus it has a feature called ULMB which strobes the backlight on and off at 60Hz (beware it flickers) to give CRT like motion clarity.  

That RL2455HM also seems like a great choice.  The Benq would be better served as a computer monitor to take advantage of the 144Hz refresh rate but it is my go to console monitor as well.

Good luck!

Mar 28, 2016 at 3:22 AM Post #4 of 23
BENQ standalone dominates the gaming platform, You should really give that a go.
You can also check http://www.144hzmonitors.com/other/best-gaming-monitor-under-200-november-2015/ for best reviews

Mar 28, 2016 at 2:49 PM Post #6 of 23
Benq XL2411Z has the lowest input lag and response time according to a few reviews.  Plus it has a feature called ULMB which strobes the backlight on and off at 60Hz (beware it flickers) to give CRT like motion clarity.  

That RL2455HM also seems like a great choice.  The Benq would be better served as a computer monitor to take advantage of the 144Hz refresh rate but it is my go to console monitor as well.

Good luck!
what are the optimal color settings for the xl2411z? I'm going to get this monitor next weekend.

Oct 26, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #8 of 23
I'd definitely go with the BenQ RL2755HM. It is probably the highest recommended console gaming monitor among review sites.

But if you're like me and you like to switch back and forth between console and PC---or if you want to have the option to jump into PC later---might be worth looking into a higher refresh rate.

Nov 19, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #12 of 23
what are the optimal color settings for the xl2411z? I'm going to get this monitor next weekend.

Hey, sorry I missed this.  I use tftcentral as a great monitor review resource.  They provide a comprehensive review which shows max contrast, brightness, default and calibrated color accuracy, and other useful things like input lag and back light bleed.  

Their settings are a great start but remember that each monitor's panel will be slightly different so the same settings won't yield the exact same results.  Start with their settings and then tweak them if you want.  

I forgot they don't have this exact monitor but I used these settings and they look just as good as my calibrated monitor.  

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2720z.htm

Nov 23, 2016 at 8:40 PM Post #13 of 23
  Hey, sorry I missed this.  I use tftcentral as a great monitor review resource.  They provide a comprehensive review which shows max contrast, brightness, default and calibrated color accuracy, and other useful things like input lag and back light bleed.  

Their settings are a great start but remember that each monitor's panel will be slightly different so the same settings won't yield the exact same results.  Start with their settings and then tweak them if you want.  

I forgot they don't have this exact monitor but I used these settings and they look just as good as my calibrated monitor.  

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2720z.htm

What GPU do you think would pair best with that monitor?

Nov 24, 2016 at 12:23 AM Post #15 of 23
I was just about to post what @headphonesonly posted.  1070 i s a great card for getting high frames in pretty much every game.  I'm using a GTX 980 Ti which serves me well but I'll be upgrading to the 1080 Ti when that comes out next year.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back