What monitor should I get?
Dec 1, 2016 at 2:51 PM Post #18 of 23
Samsung has new gaming monitors that look intriguing, the cfg70 series. Expensive but I'm going to get that monitor.

Be aware that those monitors have some issues with pixel transitions that may or may not be noticeable to you. There is a purple trail that happens with certain color transitions. Also, it's a VA panel which offrrs better contrast than most monitors but slower response times. VA monitors are great for single player or casual multiplayer, but if you are competitive I'm positive it will be too slow for you.

Did you try the XL2411z? In all my research there still isn't a better monitor for the money until you spend $600+.

Dec 1, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #19 of 23
Be aware that those monitors have some issues with pixel transitions that may or may not be noticeable to you. There is a purple trail that happens with certain color transitions. Also, it's a VA panel which offrrs better contrast than most monitors but slower response times. VA monitors are great for single player or casual multiplayer, but if you are competitive I'm positive it will be too slow for you.

Did you try the XL2411z? In all my research there still isn't a better monitor for the money until you spend $600+.
The VA panel on this monitor has a 1ms response time as long as you have the strobing feature enabled. Which will make almost as fast as a TN panel but with better color and contrast ratio. I am aware of the purple artifact. From what I've heard it's only noticeable if you actually searched for it.

I'll still consider benq.

Dec 15, 2016 at 12:28 PM Post #21 of 23
I thing you cannot go wrong with any of the big brands, just look at the specs to you get what you need. 
As you need a 1ms response you have to go with a TN panel anyway, therefor viewing angles and colors are not that good anyway, but that is not what you are looking for. 

I personally would rather go with 3-5ms seconds on a gaming IPS panel to enjoy better colors and viewing angles, but that's my personal preference as a casual gamer. 

Dec 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #22 of 23
I thing you cannot go wrong with any of the big brands, just look at the specs to you get what you need. 
As you need a 1ms response you have to go with a TN panel anyway, therefor viewing angles and colors are not that good anyway, but that is not what you are looking for. 

I personally would rather go with 3-5ms seconds on a gaming IPS panel to enjoy better colors and viewing angles, but that's my personal preference as a casual gamer. 
some of the Dell ultrasharp monitors are actually pretty good for just casual gaming.

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:30 PM Post #23 of 23
I have two ASUS 100Hz G-Sync 34" ultrawides.

Amazing monitors!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back