What material Increase bass and decrease Trebs?
Aug 15, 2012 at 9:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

dsan

100+ Head-Fier
Hello head fi

I have a headphone that has too much trebs and weak bass.

I was thinking I could change the inner sponge(?) material inside the ear and tune it down a little.

I tried few materials around me (tissue, cotton, towel, fabrics) but they dont really work like I expect them to.

Is there anything else that may work?

Aug 15, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #7 of 12
add copper rca cables

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #10 of 12
Less treble: felt (wool felt preferable) to act as a low pass filter. Moar bass: To add bass, you need to add air. I'm not sure what headphones you have, but open the driver and poke holes in the back of the driver, like this:

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #11 of 12
Less treble: felt (wool felt preferable) to act as a low pass filter. Moar bass: To add bass, you need to add air. I'm not sure what headphones you have, but open the driver and poke holes in the back of the driver, like this:

Felt! I better source some of those! I am not brave enough to make holes on the driver but it def helped! Thankyou ill try

Aug 16, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #12 of 12
I noticed if you bridged the gap between the drivers and your ears further you would get more bass response and in turn drown out some of the treble that way. I found moving the pads further away from your ears increased treble and tightened bass. Not sure if that is helpful in anyway. Good luck though. I do agree on the copper wire adding warmth to the sound which may help as well. But I don't think the results will be the same for all gear; it will vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back