What makes you a head-fier (why do you search for great sound)?
Jun 30, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #16 of 32
I love listening to music and I want to hear all that music has to offer. All the small details that are there I want to hear. To let the music grab you and take you on a wonderful journey inside your head.

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:41 PM Post #18 of 32
Because i never thought that it was possible..

a few years back i bought various earbuds and everything, i wasn't that happy with them and thinking, "well, i guess nothing is better then this"

now that i spend all this money i have finally achieved that goal

Jun 30, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #19 of 32
Well yes, its the MUSIC well reproduced for me, which does put me in an altered state of consciousness of closely being one with the music. Happy
wink.gif

The gear found through here, talking about it , the common journey / appreciation of it all is what makes the Head-Fi experience an interactive hobby.

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:02 PM Post #20 of 32
Perfection is unatainable. But the pursuit of perfection, just like the pursuit of happiness, is where the true joy lies.
I for one have always had a passion for music, as far back as I can remember. Unfortunately these pursuits come at a cost, no pun intended.
Once I thought that spending $300 on a cd player was a lot of money...but now I know better.
In the end it really doesn't matter how much we spend, what matters is the pure joy we find in music.

Jun 30, 2007 at 5:08 PM Post #21 of 32
I love music and I want the music to sound they way it was made, no enhancements of any kind.
It's harder than you think to find that in a headphone.
Head-fi has helped (by encouraging me to spend lots of my money) to adjust my meaning of neutral from "this recording sounds amazing" to "this sounds like a recording, of something amazing"
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 12:54 AM Post #26 of 32
I used to joke that when I could afford to, I would be an audiophile. Then one day I found that the equivalent sound quality could be had at 1/10 the price with headphones. It was a shortcut
smily_headphones1.gif

But even more than that, the biggest driver was the corporate world. Working in an office meant not disturbing others, so I turned to headphones. That was the spark that got me on this site really, otherwise I might still be saving up for big speakers
biggrin.gif

--Illah

Jul 1, 2007 at 1:59 AM Post #28 of 32
I've been interested in music and making it sound better since, oh, 1967 or so? I saw the Beatles on Ed Sullivan and realized I liked that music better than my Dad's Roger Miller albums. Roger doesn't need volume, but the Beatles DO.

Mostly since then I put my money and effort into my car stereos because I can listen to what I want as loud as I want while driving down the freeway. (But NOT while driving through a neighborhood.)

Then I found Head-Fi. I'm a gadget guy and a music guy and it was a match made in wallet-hell. I can listen in the house and loudly without annoying my wife. Plus it's new and exciting and I LIKE IT!

But, yeah, it's all about making the music sound amazing.
icon10.gif

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:05 AM Post #29 of 32
Well, I like having something to obsess over... keeps my mind busy.

Besides, its just fun, and this is a good community.

Jul 1, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #30 of 32
As has been reiterated many times in this thread - music. I want to get as close to the music as possible. Though headphones may not be as apt as speakers in presenting imaging and soundstaging...the resolution, detail and intimacy is unmatched in my opinion, this keeps me as a head-fier for life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back