What makes audiophiles tick? (psychology of audiophiles)
Apr 24, 2018 at 3:10 PM Post #106 of 108
1. Yes, I saw that context. It doesn't matter what the context is though, claiming to hear an improvement or difference of anything in any context to -350dB is 100 Billion times beyond ridiculous.
2. How can we have a fruitful discussion on anything if you are going to defend claims which are 100 Billion times beyond impossible/ridiculous?

I noticed you failed to actually answer my question, maybe you didn't see it as it was an edit. "Now answer my question: He's claiming something which is 100 Billion times beyond the laws of physics, how much more certain does it get, what "kind of certainty" are you looking for?"

G

Respectfully, I suggest that we move on. Castleofargh and I found some common ground on this topic, and perhaps that's enough. The discussion did pique my interest on some of the technical issues, and I'll probably look into those further.

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #107 of 108
I'd like to add that Chord does indeed know exactly what they are doing. And then some.

...making awesome sounding, unique looking audiophile gear, right?

:wink:

Apr 24, 2018 at 3:48 PM Post #108 of 108
Let's put it in context.

The decibel scale is logarithmic. The range where noise becomes inaudible in recorded music is around -40dB. By the time you get from there to -200dB and -350dB, you're talking the difference between a mastodon and a mouse. No... a moon and a micron!

The context you should be considering is scale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back