What makes an LCD-2 R2 a 2.5, and when did it start?
Feb 24, 2013 at 1:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jeffreyfranz

100+ Head-Fier
That's my Q. I'm weary of searching dozens of pages of threads with guys arguing over which wood is best, etc. If you can help, I thank you.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #3 of 8
You know that all these revisions are just made up by people.
*Officially* there is just 2.2 with newer drivers, after that Audeze added angled connectors and bamboo as choice of a housing w/o giving any official revision. That's pretty much all I know.

Feb 24, 2013 at 2:14 AM Post #4 of 8
Thank you, Andrew. And I did find this with a bit more persistence. 

fyi....my LCD-2 Rev 2 headphones were manufactured  Oct 2011

Audez'e Support, Feb 01 17:02 (PST):
Hello John,
I am glad you asked this. Revisions 3, 4, and 5 do not exist. Some assume that the change in connectors or wood option means it is a new revision. However, we have only had the original LCD-2 driver and now the Revision 2 driver. Rest assured, you have the latest driver already in your headphones.
Thank you very much,
Audez'e Support

john white, Feb 01 16:51 (PST):
a further question.....in the head-fi forum, i see the LCD-2 Rev 2 referred to as Rev 2.1 // Rev 2.2 // Rev 2.3 // Rev 2.4 and Rev 2.5
Question #1- which revision 2 do i have.
Question #2- what are the differences between 2.1/2.2/2.3 etc....
Question #3- are there any upgrades that are possible or worth doing to the headphones i own ?

thanks

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #5 of 8
This is great information.   For a moment, I was taken in by the listings that were F/S and starting to wonder about the versions.  Hmm .... the various revisions are made up by the sellers to get theirs to appear as if it might be the latest version.

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #6 of 8
Quote:
This is great information.   For a moment, I was taken in by the listings that were F/S and starting to wonder about the versions.  Hmm .... the various revisions are made up by the sellers to get theirs to appear as if it might be the latest version.

No, I don't think so. I think most folks on this site are honest and value the sense of community we share. I believed at the time I posted my listing that more recent versions (2012), including the angled connector, were somehow "2.5" or at least "late model," as I said in my ad. I did not have the information above until pressed by potential buyers to validate or "prove" (no one actually used that word) that mine was the latest. In other words, both buyers and sellers have had questions due to the lack of concise, precise info commonly available to all. Now we have it. This is good for everyone. :)

Feb 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #7 of 8
It's all about ego. The revision 2.5 BS is simply to make your LCD superior to mine.

And yea, it's a BS trick to appeal and get a faster sale. I've seen a few of these 2.5 listing's.

Andrew pretty much explained it though.

Feb 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

No, I don't think so. I think most folks on this site are honest and value the sense of community we share. I believed at the time I posted my listing that more recent versions (2012), including the angled connector, were somehow "2.5" or at least "late model," as I said in my ad. I did not have the information above until pressed by potential buyers to validate or "prove" (no one actually used that word) that mine was the latest. In other words, both buyers and sellers have had questions due to the lack of concise, precise info commonly available to all. Now we have it. This is good for everyone. :)

Jeff,

Thanks.  It actually wasn't your item that I had noticed where the version caught my attention.  However, it has been a few other threads that have been posted in the past month or so where the different levels were being noted.  This wasn't what I noticed with your pair, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back