What made your day awesome?
May 15, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #361 of 673
This documentary on piano tuners going into Cuba to fix pianos for schools. 

May 16, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #366 of 673
You say that now. Post again in August, and let us know how that's working for you. 

May 16, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #367 of 673
May 16, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #368 of 673
Quote:
You say that now. Post again in August, and let us know how that's working for you. 

Unfortunately my spending budget is not that big to allow me to upgrade all the time, speakers are on a different level compared to headphones, that's why I'm looking around for decent speakers and monoblock amp's to satisfy my needs for a long time to come, hopefully I can recoupe some fair amount of cash from selling my current gear.

May 17, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #369 of 673
Quote:
Unfortunately my spending budget is not that big to allow me to upgrade all the time, speakers are on a different level compared to headphones, that's why I'm looking around for decent speakers and monoblock amp's to satisfy my needs for a long time to come, hopefully I can recoupe some fair amount of cash from selling my current gear.

I finally got my speaker rig up and running, The problem that's hit in the first week, is that with headphones, I can listen whenever I want. With Speakers I can't. I have to wait until the house is free from piano teaching and it's not too late at night, or early in the morning etc.

May 17, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #370 of 673
Quote:
I finally got my speaker rig up and running, The problem that's hit in the first week, is that with headphones, I can listen whenever I want. With Speakers I can't. I have to wait until the house is free from piano teaching and it's not too late at night, or early in the morning etc.

Lucky I don't have any of those restrictions from playing whenever I want (of cause through some common sense I won't play music at like 2am in the morning). For me most of the headphones I listen though are open, it's not so much different to the role of speakers.

May 17, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #371 of 673
Quote:
Lucky I don't have any of those restrictions from playing whenever I want (of cause through some common sense I won't play music at like 2am in the morning). For me most of the headphones I listen though are open, it's not so much different to the role of speakers.

Open headphones mean that someone in a quiet room with you might hear some leakage..
Speakers mean the rest of the house, or at least the adjacent rooms will hear it, that's a big difference :/
That's why I have to have both :]

May 17, 2012 at 5:08 AM Post #372 of 673
Quote:
Open headphones mean that someone in a quiet room with you might hear some leakage..
Speakers mean the rest of the house, or at least the adjacent rooms will hear it, that's a big difference :/
That's why I have to have both :]

Ditto. The toddler goes to bed by 8pm - no speakers after that point for me. Headphones only (he has never been woken by my open headphones yet). 

May 17, 2012 at 8:45 AM Post #374 of 673
I am quite sure my neighbours can hear my LCD-2 Orthos is as effective in each direction it appears lol. Can just hang them up and use them as mini speakers if I want to listen to radio or something with better SQ.

May 17, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #375 of 673
Quote:
I am quite sure my neighbours can hear my LCD-2 Orthos is as effective in each direction it appears lol. Can just hang them up and use them as mini speakers if I want to listen to radio or something with better SQ.

haha that is so true, what's even worse then the LCD2 is the HD800, I literally use them sometimes as speakers when I game online, they are effective as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back