What made you join Head-Fi.org?
Mar 25, 2013 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

-xX-Mew-Xx-

100+ Head-Fier
I was just wondering how everyone became apart of Head-Fi!
I was trying to find my first good over ear and i found this. I was a little confused with the terms being used but once my inventory grew i became for fond of this site and now know all the terms :) I am still a junior-audiophile because i am 14 and not too rich but i have managed to drive my parents insane with the amount of money spent on headphones and headphone related things!
And what was your first can?

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #2 of 20
I am not sure why I joined headfi.  I had an MDRV6 and was really happy with their sound.  I would probably have a lot more watches and guitars (or a really really nice one of each) if it weren't for HF.  The sad truth of it all is I CAN'T HONESTLY SAY I enjoy music listening any more or less with or without HF.  I do like the meets and helping others out, thats always fun.

First cassette walkman in ~1983-84 was this Toshiba with AM/FM tuner-pack (second from the left).  Except mine was the non-auto reverse model (without the green button).  I wore it / took it everywhere.  It quickly fell apart though.  I was 13 and that was a lot of lawn mowing $$ for a kid.  The OEM headphones were terrible.

My first "real" head-fi rig in 1985-86, decades before headfi.

Senn Mini Star 100

WMF-15

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #3 of 20
I was looking for better headphones than my Panasonic RP-HT355.  I remember coming upon Grado's website and wondering who in their right mind would pay $700 for headphones.  I found my way here and settled on the Sony MDR-V6s.  They were too uncomfortable, and I went back to the drawing board.  Over sixty pairs later, I'm at ATH-A900Xs and DT 770 Pro-80s.  Looking at Mad Dogs....

P.S.  Still haven't spent $700 on headphones, but I understand it a little more.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #4 of 20
tbh I was searching for adult fi- tasteful art.

Crawling through Google can be a very strange experience indeed.

But really I had just gotten HD580s and was trying to find out where to get replacement pads.

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #5 of 20
My ipod stock buds died and I went to a local hifi store and bought some sennheiser buds. The shop had a bunch of more expensive canal phones and so I was curious as to whether I had chosen well and stumbled upon head-fi... 30-odd bits of gear later...

Mar 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #6 of 20
Enter the working world and began listening to music 8 hours a day. The only thing that could keep me going to work everyday was that I was able to listen to music which led me to invest in some good headphones/earbuds. Started looking for the best budgeted headphones and ended up with the DJ100(which almost made me a non head-fier, extremely uncomfortable). Decided to stop being a cheapstake and make a long term investment in the westone w2's and am loving it ever since.

Mar 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM Post #7 of 20
already owned the hd 555's (i believe),

and needed/wanted an amp to use with it (it was for gaming purposes)

and came to ask questions about the pa2v2.

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #9 of 20
I found that Audio-Technica ATH-M30 headphones were on big sale on Amazon. I purchased them for 39$ but until they arrived I discovered head-fi :D I was looking for reviews

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #12 of 20
My MDR V6 "For Digital" sticker was showing its age and I wanted to find out where to buy another. Never found out the source and ended up buying a custom sticker and cutting it very carefully with an exacto knife.  

Also, since we are doing old audio pics it seems. This was my dad's last Walkman, and my first and only. 

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM Post #14 of 20
I wanted to find out about those mysterious "ear plug" style headphones that I occasionally saw people with. Didn't know in-ears even existed back then.

Got a V-Moda Bass Freq based off cnet's review, and LOVED it! After it broke (a year later) is when I started searching for something new with better SQ. 

And down the hill I rolled...

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:57 PM Post #15 of 20
I started looking into using headphones after mainly using speakers when my past two home addresses were in very noisey environments. I eventually came across Head-fi.org and thanks to the advice i read here brought my first hundred plus dollars headphone the Audio Technica ATH AD700 at J&R Computer World. Afterwards my brother inlaw who picked them up for me told me how the saleswoman was saying great things about how it does things other headphones dont aswell as being able to return them if i didnt like them. Am still using them three years plus later thanks to the soundstage and airy treble.

After lurking for a bit more i finally decided to join Head-fi when one of the most friendly and helpful members birthday was being celebrated.

This members name is..Uncle Eric
beyersmile.png
eek.gif
beyersmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back