What LCD would you buy?
Sep 10, 2007 at 12:33 AM Post #16 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, we ended up with a 40" xbr4 today! Yesterday we brought home a 37" Toshiba & it just didn't compare to the Sony. So today we took the Toshiba back & brought home the xbr4. We've been driving Circuit City crazy
plainface.gif
But I think we are very very happy now! The picture is amazing. We are modding our entertainment system -- but it'll be worth it.

Awesome choice!

GAD

Sep 10, 2007 at 9:37 PM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Well, we ended up with a 40" xbr4 today! Yesterday we brought home a 37" Toshiba & it just didn't compare to the Sony. So today we took the Toshiba back & brought home the xbr4. We've been driving Circuit City crazy
plainface.gif
But I think we are very very happy now! The picture is amazing. We are modding our entertainment system -- but it'll be worth it.

That was an awesome choice! As I said above, I got the 32" XBR4 for my kitchen. I plan to get a 56" for the living room when the XBR5's come out in a couple of months. You can't beat that picture....

Sep 10, 2007 at 10:19 PM Post #18 of 21
Quote:

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I just discovered that I can lower the shelf on the entertainment cabinet & I'll probly be able to squeeze a 37" into it! I"m planning to buy on Thursday & surprise him when he comes home from a business trip on Friday! I even have some friends ready to help me move the old tv into the other room!! I'm so excited to do this for my hubby. He's very difficult to surprise & I know he really wants one of these
biggrin.gif

There aren't a lot on 37" out there. That's the largest I can use so I've been doing some research and I've found the Sharp 37" 1080p seems to be the best. That's the one I plan on buying.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #19 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by DLeeWebb /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was an awesome choice! As I said above, I got the 32" XBR4 for my kitchen. I plan to get a 56" for the living room when the XBR5's come out in a couple of months. You can't beat that picture....

Yep -- it is an amazing picture! I think we will really enjoy it. My hubby's got his saw after the cabinet already! I can't even imagine the 56" -- that will be something to see for sure!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There aren't a lot on 37" out there. That's the largest I can use so I've been doing some research and I've found the Sharp 37" 1080p seems to be the best. That's the one I plan on buying.

I looked quite a bit at the few 37" that are out -- you are right, there's not a lot to choose from. I don't think anyone here had the Sharp in that size. But I can tell you that the Toshiba we brought home didn't even come close to the Sony.

Sep 11, 2007 at 12:20 AM Post #20 of 21
Quote:

I"m thinking about buying my husband a new LCD tv this week for his birthday. I don't know very much about video=fi. We want to keep our entertainment center so I am a bit limited by size. I can do a 32" or possibly a 37" if its just the right measurements -- but most 37" that I've looked at are too tall w/the stand attached. I've been focussing on Sony, Samsung & my nephew is telling me that Westinghouse is well regarded. Hopefully some of you will have suggestions along with advice on what I should look for with any brand - features etc. Thanks for all your wisdom!!

dang... I think everyone here is neglecting the more pressing issue here: Do you have a sister...? (err.. never mind me, I am taken, heh, but I am sure single guys here would sure be interested)
Lucky fella, that hubby guy.
smily_headphones1.gif
Good luck on the search.

Sep 11, 2007 at 1:23 AM Post #21 of 21
[dang... I think everyone here is neglecting the more pressing issue here: Do you have a sister...? (err.. never mind me, I am taken, heh, but I am sure single guys here would sure be interested)
Lucky fella, that hubby guy. Good luck on the search.
/QUOTE]

Lol - I try to keep him happy
evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back