What kind of water do you drink?
Jul 9, 2004 at 2:10 AM Post #31 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx
i drink water filtered through my refrig. am i going to die?

Yes, as a matter of fact everyone who makes a post in this thread will DIE .... someday
wink.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 2:15 AM Post #32 of 65
I drink from the tap only. Water from the tap here in Holland is better than most bottled water, our tap-water is one of the best in the world (right next to some Scandinavian country I believe
tongue.gif
). Bottled water is in general a weird concept, because most of the time the sources of that water are polluted themself. If you don't trust your tap-water you can always filter it yourself rather than relying on bottled water companies, which are out there to make money, not to care for you wellbeing (yes, I am a tad overcareful when dealing with companies...
rolleyes.gif
).
I've got nothing against those that drink bottled water, just something against the companies that produce it.
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #33 of 65
Filtered, either via the fridge itself (back in my folks' house...it's a pretty nice Whirlpool model), or via a Pur waterfilter that you install on the faucet (works well enough, the filters aren't terribly expensive or cheap, and I've had it for at least 5 years now).

~KS

Jul 9, 2004 at 2:46 AM Post #37 of 65
I rarely drink just plain water. Filtered tap water, like they have at fast food places and restaurants, is okay as well as is bottled water. But I don't like the tap water much here in Denver although it's better than most places. I absolutely hate water that has a chlorine taste, and nearly all places I've lived have had that problem.

Edit: I should also note just how sorry I feel for those in SoCal that get their water from the Colorado River. Right above Davis Dam on the Colorado River (next to Laughlin, NV and Bullhead City, AZ) there are signs that warn against swimming in Lake Mohave right above Davis Dam due to the pollution in there. Even below Davis Dam the water is still not drinkable, any river water that is used has to be very heavily filtered and the cities usually just get their water from aquifers and wells near the river. And the stuff was still pretty bad. IIRC, the canal going to the LA area from the Colorado River is downriver from Parker Dam so maybe the water is slightly better down there but I can't imagine it being drinkable. Same in Phoenix, the Arizona Canal goes from the Colorado River to near Phoenix and the water in Phoenix is pretty nasty.

Jul 9, 2004 at 2:50 AM Post #38 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by warubozu
Ditto, here in Hawaii we pump our drinking water from underground aquafiers. It takes roughly about 25 years for rain water to reach the underground aquafiers. During that time the rain water is being filtered thru layers of pourous lava rock which sort of clenses the water. By the time the water reaches the auafier it is clean enough to drink without the use of chlorine. We use very little chlorine (not noticeable) in our drinking water so taste isn't an issue.

Wow, I did not know that. I learn something new every day.
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2004 at 4:34 AM Post #39 of 65
tap water here tastes kinda wierd even with a good water filter, so i just drink the bottled type that tastes oh so much better.

I wonder if anyone here drinks the distilled stuff...

Jul 9, 2004 at 7:29 AM Post #41 of 65
Tap when I'm here and bottled on the go.

What am I to choose?

Jul 9, 2004 at 7:47 AM Post #42 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by psxguy85
Wow, I did not know that. I learn something new every day.
biggrin.gif

Yup, you pick up all kinds of interesting facts about our public water system when you take the tours that BWS offers once in a while to the Halawa Water Shaft and the Waihee Tunnel.

Jul 9, 2004 at 8:53 AM Post #43 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by donovansmith
I rarely drink just plain water. Filtered tap water, like they have at fast food places and restaurants, is okay as well as is bottled water. But I don't like the tap water much here in Denver although it's better than most places. I absolutely hate water that has a chlorine taste, and nearly all places I've lived have had that problem.

I actually kindda liked the water in Colorado. That was in Boulder though. I the water we hat at my school in Lafayette was the best... well; I only drank it during basketball training so it might not be objective.
On the other hand, I didn't like the water at various ski resorts. Particular Eldorado's water tasted funky.

Jul 9, 2004 at 3:13 PM Post #45 of 65
Straight from the tap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back