What kind of water do you drink?
Jul 10, 2004 at 7:29 PM Post #61 of 65
Mario,

Carbonated water will probably give you brittle bones in your old age. It's why Soda should be avoided.

Mr. PD,

That mineral buildup is what I call 'lime'. Most of the time it is white in colour.

grinch,

so true. I go to the local K store (like 7-11) and see a liter or quart of water selling for $1.69 - $1.99 and think, What? You're basically paying for refrigeration. If I'm driving around I'll stop at a Walmart and buy a gallon for 99 cents.

About 8 years ago, on my yearly trip to Arizona, I was in Indian country and tasted this bottled water called 'Cherokee Chief,' I believe. A year later I enquired as to why I couldn't find it. Seems the locals were bottleing it straight from the tap. I thought it tasted great. Unfortunately, since it was tap water, it was full of radiation.

Jul 10, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #62 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by wallijonn
Mario,

Carbonated water will probably give you brittle bones in your old age. It's why Soda should be avoided.

Mr. PD,

That mineral buildup is what I call 'lime'. Most of the time it is white in colour.

grinch,

so true. I go to the local K store (like 7-11) and see a liter or quart of water selling for $1.69 - $1.99 and think, What? You're basically paying for refrigeration. If I'm driving around I'll stop at a Walmart and buy a gallon for 99 cents.

About 8 years ago, on my yearly trip to Arizona, I was in Indian country and tasted this bottled water called 'Cherokee Chief,' I believe. A year later I enquired as to why I couldn't find it. Seems the locals were bottleing it straight from the tap. I thought it tasted great. Unfortunately, since it was tap water, it was full of radiation.

EEEEE WWWWWWWW
eek.gif

Yeah, I was thinking it was lime build up, but I wasn't sure.

Also, I remember reading somewhere years ago, that the stuff they use to carbonate soda robs your body of calcium. My wife at the time was going through a 2 litre bottle of caffeine free diet Coke a day, and was taking doctor prescribed calcium supplements.
rolleyes.gif

I would be careful drinking a lot of carbonated anything.

Jul 10, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #64 of 65
Isn't lime just because of the calcium in the water?

Isn't that a good thing, that there is calcium in the water?

I could be wrong, I just googled 'lime' for it's meaning but I might have mistunderstood.

Jul 10, 2004 at 8:32 PM Post #65 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa
Isn't that a good thing, that there is calcium in the water?

Hard water does not make soap bubbles very well. So you end up using twice as much detergent to clean your clothes. Whites (clothes, underwear, bed sheets, pillows, etc.) never come out white, they come out rust coloured. It leaves rings in the toilet, bath tub, around all the water pipes, leaves stains on your car at the local car wash or if you wash it yourself, spots on your dishes and glasses, mirrors, eyeglasses... You end up buying a water softener for your home. Each well is different. Municipal water is usually from all the surrounding mountains, so you get all sorts of different rock minerals in the water. Each well tastes different. You don't wash yourself in a bath tub - you rub the dirt away.

Combine that with the sun's effects and you end up with raw hide skin.

If you are ever in the West, and you do not drink a lot of water - the bottoms of your feet will start to harden and flake off. Its like having eczema. Start drinking a lot of water and your the bottloms of your feet become pliable again.

In Arizona if you fill up an ice cube with water and never open up the freezer, you should find that it evaporated a few weeks later. Ice evaporates!!!

Pennylane,

I always hated washing the slim away from Brita containers. I always thought that the filters trapped bacteria.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back