What kind of TV do you own?
Feb 17, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #61 of 104
I sit 9 feet away from a 42" EDTV plasma, it is within the optimal range for that screen size and resolution. Looks really great, and it´s a perfectly comfortable viewing distance for my living room, pretty much perfect for my furniture arrangement.

Feb 17, 2007 at 6:37 PM Post #63 of 104
Jon, interesting bass killers/traps you have in the wall-ceiling corners
biggrin.gif
(one of your pics where the TV is not shown)

Feb 17, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #64 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Jon, interesting bass killers/traps you have in the wall-ceiling corners
biggrin.gif
(one of your pics where the TV is not shown)

jonlsystem35aw.jpg

That's my old listening room. I also had 2 more stuffed animals behind the listening chair as well. They are too small to absorb bass, but they did a great job reducing the slap echo and corner-induced honky echo in my room. It really worked
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 17, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #65 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon L /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are too small to absorb bass, but they did a great job reducing the slap echo and corner-induced honky echo in my room. It really worked
smily_headphones1.gif

Aha! Well at least I wasn´t too off, they do have an acoustical purpose
biggrin.gif
Very creative!

Feb 17, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #66 of 104
Samsung LN-S2338W 23" wide screen LCD HDTV. For the money, it is one of the better bedroom size HDTVs. I use it as my PC monitor, SDTV & HDTV, and upscaled 720p DVD-Videos.

Feb 18, 2007 at 3:00 AM Post #67 of 104
I have a Sony 30" HDTV CRT. I really like it, except for its size (physically huge, visibly small). When I bought it it was a no-brainer decision. Now, it might be tougher, but I still don't like LCDs. My parents just spent 1600 on a nice sony 40" LCD, and I would just as soon watch a laptop screen. I really don't consider myself a videophile, but LCD black performance is not even acceptable to me.

Quote:

They are too small to absorb bass, but they did a great job reducing the slap echo and corner-induced honky echo in my room. It really worked

I achieve a similar effect in my room by leaving laundry, books, DVD cases, empty bottles, and skateboards strewn about. It really helps create a diffuse sound field.

Feb 18, 2007 at 3:28 PM Post #68 of 104
Currently running a Panasonic 42" plasma but going to a Sony KDL-46V2500 46" LCD real soon.

Feb 19, 2007 at 5:50 PM Post #71 of 104
I have a 5(ish) yr old Sony KP53HS10. I was an HD early (relatively) adopter!

It's getting a bit long in the tooth though.. won't be long before I'm shopping for its successor! Shhhh, don't tell the wife!
tongue.gif

Feb 21, 2007 at 4:52 PM Post #72 of 104
29 inch Zenith LCD HDTV

Jul 24, 2007 at 2:24 AM Post #73 of 104
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsaavedra /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A couple of links I frequently post, related to viewing distance:

http://www.myhometheater.homestead.c...alculator.html
http://www.practical-home-theater-gu...-distance.html

Reviving this thread because at some point here we pointed out the relevance of appropriate viewing distance depending on screen size and screen resolution. Thought the following image (which I just posted in another thread) would be very helpful and pertinent here.

This chart puts together all the variables related to optimal viewing distance in a very clear way. You can use it to adjust your viewing distance, so as to take the most advantage of your HT screen's size and resolution:

resolution_chart.png

Jul 24, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #75 of 104
37" 1080p Westinghouse--all for under $900

Users who are viewing this thread

Back