What kind of music do you play?
Nov 8, 2005 at 4:51 AM Post #16 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
Kudos to you my man... Damn hardest thing to do is keep rhythm and timing IMHO.

Rock guitar since 1985.
Beer bash bands in college, Help fund my beer & post-gig cigars.

Garrett

I find the hardest part is getting them to come to practice and to keep practicing during practice.

And I sure hope that we'll make enough money to pay for beers at some point. At this point we're all so loaded with work we can't even find time to practice, let alone book and prepare for a gig. I think we'll probably set up our first one in January.

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:16 PM Post #18 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by enjoi_rootbeer
awesome, i'm not the only bass player. ususally jazz/rock. and rock it on the guitar. learning piano now though. some drums...mostly air.

Cool
smily_headphones1.gif
There are many bass players on Head-Fi
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 12:22 PM Post #19 of 45
Cool to see so many playing guitar. I always wanted to play guitar, but my parents kept me on the piano. A part of me is now thankfull after 11 years of practice, but a part of me curses them. But heck, airguitar is fine
icon10.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:27 PM Post #20 of 45
I play the F Horn, have for...11 years now. I play all sorts of things, anything I can get my hands on, and these days I play primarily when I am stressed out. When I am intently focused on a peice of music, everything else just kinda slides into the background.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:39 PM Post #21 of 45
play the guitar as well. I play mostly anything, but right now, I'm in my Instrumental rock phase
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:01 PM Post #22 of 45
My primary instrument is the violin, I started when I was 4. I haven't been playing too much since I got out of college; for my senior recital I played the Tchaikovsky concerto, and a Borodin string quartet, among other pieces. I like the flashy romantic stuff.
icon10.gif

I also played the piano from age 5-13, and I'm decent at the guitar, I can play music by ear really well (that's from the Suzuki violin training!) but my fingers just don't make a lot of different chord configurations very well. They're more suited to the violin I think. And I can't solo at all.

Dec 31, 2005 at 1:27 AM Post #24 of 45
I play the string bass with my school orchestra, have since 4th grade, then again I really am not that good. We goto the state competition almost every year and have gotten 10th or so for the last few years.

Jan 9, 2006 at 9:46 PM Post #26 of 45
I am a junior in high school that learned piano from ages 5-11 but then stopped because we couldnt afford a piano.

Well now, things have changed, I own a quality grand piano, and I started piano again almost exactly one year ago. Since then,I have finished and performed locally the complete piano solo of Rhapsody in Blue by Gershwin (memorized it too), and am now in a Rachmaninoff Competition sometime this spring. Currently learning prelude op23. No. 3 by Rachmainoff, a Chopin Nocturne, and Variations on a Theme of Paganini by Brahms (really cool piece).

I hope its not too late for conservatory or at least a piano major at a competitive school due to the time off
mad.gif

Jan 9, 2006 at 10:11 PM Post #27 of 45
This is strange
I listen to hard rock and techno most of the time.
When I play my synth or guitar I always end up playing some type of home made chamber music / baroque thing .

Jan 22, 2006 at 5:39 AM Post #29 of 45
I played guitar for several years when I was in elementary school. Last year, I decided I should take it up again (after nearly 40 years!). I play strictly for pleasure... cowboy songs, tin pan alley, and folk songs. I have a Larrivee Koa Parlor guitar, a vintage Candelas Classical and a Brazilian ukulele. I play every weekend for the folks where my mother lives. In the past year, I've had more live performance experience than most musicians I know. Mistakes and nervousness don't bother me at all any more.

See ya
Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back