What kind of headphones do you recommend?
Apr 5, 2012 at 11:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tuanh714

New Head-Fier
Hello.

I've recently been snooping around the internet for some headphones, but I can't decide on what.
I plan on spending around 40-50 USD. 
The problem is, my ears feel fatigued pretty easily and I usually get a headache within an hour due to bad headphones. Some Sennheiser, ME-Electronics, and other headphones to say the least. What do you recommend? I wouldn't mind getting huge headphones... As long as they're comfortable. I"m no basshead, and I prefer airy, clear, crisp sounding headphones with punchy bass. Is this too much to ask? 

I've looked at the JVC HARX700/900, HAS600/700, Sennheiser HD203.

So far, the Brainwavz HM3 look the best... I wouldn't mind adding in $9 if they are good.

Apr 6, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 6
You say that your ears get fatigued easily. Is this due to bad comfort or harsh sound?

Apr 6, 2012 at 6:16 AM Post #4 of 6
I don't like thin-harsh sounding headphones, or those with bad treble.
This is not always the case, some other headphones pinch my ears in a way that just make the whole experience unenjoyable, even if they have good sound. Some of the Sennheiser headphones do this, with either too much clamping force, or the space in between the padding is too little.

Apr 6, 2012 at 8:26 AM Post #5 of 6
The Samson mentioned about is not a bad choice. But for a budget such as yours, there is only one choice...

Panasonic htf-600!!!

Just look at the thread started by dsnuts and read several pages and then you'll understand.

good luck...

Apr 6, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 6
Samson SR850 (made by Superlux).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back