What kind of amp & Dac for Denon Ah-d2000 or ah-d5000
Jun 15, 2008 at 8:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

vin

New Head-Fier
Oops, maybe this should go in headphone amps section, but at the sametime im wondering about dacs.

So basically i've never purchased an amp before and not sure where to go. I just recently ordered the Denon ah-d2000, which is my first headset into audiophile. But at the same time i might return the ah-d2000 and order the ah-d5000. Considering this is my first big upgrade(From Super.fi 5 pros), I was wondering what kind of amp would i need. I was told to get the JVC SUDH1 5.1 headphone adapter because i still play FPS games. Was also told to get a solid state amp for Denons, but i don't know what kind of Dac or Amp to look into.

So basically i was wondering would the JVC SUDH1 be considered a Dac? and if all i need is an amp? or would i have to purchase an amp and a Dac after i order the JVC SUDH1. I don't want to spend too much right now, so heres my price range for an amp and a Dac(if needed). O ya right now i am using on-board sound card, So a Dac would replace my sound card im assuming.

Price Range
~~

If i order the JVC SUDH1
Amp - Under $200 US Dollars.
Dac - Will have to consider when i will purchase this or if i purchase this.($?)

Without the JVC SUDH1
Amp - Under $200
Dac - Under $200

Any help would be great. Thanks in Advance

Jun 15, 2008 at 9:01 AM Post #2 of 3
For a good medium setup with excellent SQ I suggest you get a KECES DA-151 USB DAC and pair it with a Little Dot MKV Dual Mono Solid State Headphone Amp.

I have this very setup and my Denon AHD2000's sound great.

Jun 16, 2008 at 11:50 PM Post #3 of 3
I think head-fi member "kool bubba ice" would be of particular usefullness here. I do believe he's used this unit before, and wrote a review about it. Might want to throw him a PM vince.

Aside from that, I left a msg on your AIM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back