What is your word on the Sansa e280?
Sep 14, 2007 at 10:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

RMPNG

Head-Fier
I've been looking around for something to replace my long-lasting 1g Shuffle (since 512mb doesn't cut it as much anymore) and I found this.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMX4-...9806794&sr=1-6

This look really good. MicroSD expansion is very appealing, and for only 125 dollars for 8 gigs, I feel like I'm getting a bargin.

So, what are anyone's impressions? I've been looking around, but what I'm most worried about is the SQ.

Thanks!

Sep 14, 2007 at 10:37 PM Post #2 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by RMPNG /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been looking around for something to replace my long-lasting 1g Shuffle (since 512mb doesn't cut it as much anymore) and I found this.

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-SDMX4-...9806794&sr=1-6

This look really good. MicroSD expansion is very appealing, and for only 125 dollars for 8 gigs, I feel like I'm getting a bargin.

So, what are anyone's impressions? I've been looking around, but what I'm most worried about is the SQ.

Thanks!

Hi! I owned one and was satisfied with the sound quality. There is some EQ available. But I am thinking of buying another one because of the advantage the SD expansion offers.

I plan on buying one , a 6 or 8 gb, and rockboxing it. I want to do that cause all my music archiving is in folder format and the sansa sometimes did not read correctly the files and their arrangement. Showing artists, songs, genre of music is not how I like to access the music.

With rockbox it will access Ogg files and the folder order in which my music is set.Also has defitive better EQ available. I have not tried it but from what I read you are in control in alot of aspects as regard sound quality.

I found the wheel onto and around which you press to access the menus is a little cumbersome but not unenjoyable eventually. There is a small learning curve.

The Micro Sd is a very good idea and it works well. Micro Sd go up to 2 gb in size.

Also for more info check the site http://www.anythingbutipod.com/
It has a forum thread dedicated to sansa!

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:40 AM Post #5 of 22
I read somewhere that it was a night and day change. I dont know because all my lossy files are ogg, so only rockbox plays em. Sounds good to me, but i have a very untrained ear.

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #6 of 22
It's the "best bang for your buck" deal. I've had mine since last November, almost a year now. It's also a soldier. Mine accidentally went through the laundry washer and dryer. It worked fine and then couple days later the screen looked normal again.

Sep 15, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #7 of 22
Well, I've decided to get this, thank you for your answers. Rockbox solves most of my minor complaints with the DAP (and honestly, who doesn't want a GB/GBC emulator on their audio player?), so I can't wait to pick this up soon along with a 2 gig microSD card.

Thanks everyone!

Sep 15, 2007 at 11:33 AM Post #8 of 22
amazon has a 4 gb micro sd card i think, for 68 bucks or something... mighta been newegg. Just a note, the Original Firmware doesnt support micro sd over 2 gb, but rockbox does

Sep 16, 2007 at 2:59 AM Post #9 of 22
I love mine. It's a steal for the $130 I paid.
I've filled a 2G card with music and loaded 4 movies on the player and still have room for more stuff.
As for SQ, stick with 190kb/s w/ good cans and you will be happy. I recommend atrio M5's for iem's.

Did I say how much I like my e280?
k1000smile.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 12:51 AM Post #11 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by srozzman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Just a note, the Original Firmware doesnt support micro sd over 2 gb, but rockbox does

Has someone actually used a 4GB card on this player and confirmed that it works?

Jul 17, 2008 at 4:18 PM Post #12 of 22
How do you people rate the player now nearly a year after this thread was started? Are the mentioned problems still present with the newest firmwares? Can the current players be rockboxed? Thanks.

I'm partly tempted by this player due to its relatively low price and the memory card extension. I recently bought an Iriver Clix 2 which broke down within two weeks and as the retailer doesn't have it any more, they're returning my money. So I'm again looking for a player.

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #14 of 22
I got a refurbed e270 from Woot! for $49, and it's fine if I don't use the 2GB SD card. I did not rockbox it. When I tried to use the card, it kept "refreshing the library" on every startup (which is aggravating, but it did play), and there were song title duplication issues (on the screen menu, but not on the machine itself). I removed the SD card, and it worked fine. It's the 6GB model. I also bought a nice "open box" set of speakers (small single unit, with a tray for plugging in the DAP, so its LOD) from Altec-Lansing for the e270, and they are great for the patio, etc. They were also $49, a real deal. My wife uses the e270 as her travel DAP, so I loaded it up with her music. Holds about 1,200 tracks at 192WMA. Not bad, really.

Jul 17, 2008 at 6:15 PM Post #15 of 22
really good deals actually and I've heard the SQ ain't that bad!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back