What is your job in real life?
Jan 19, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #76 of 113
If I could be *anything* - I think I would like to be a SciFi writer. I've never written anything bigger than a blog in my life, and there is no way I would actually do it - but if I'm wishing, I might as well wish for talent too.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:22 PM Post #77 of 113
+1 it all depends on how much you fork out for other expenses and/or personal hobbies as well etc. Given that, when I was earning 900-1.3k cash in hand a week during my holidays from uni, I was just barely living comfortably with the amount I was spending on other stuff, such as $50 lunch meals, $100-200 a week for clubbing and drinking, thank god I ain't living like that anymore.

Poor people are the ones who can't afford to live up to their own lifestyle.

I'm poor cuz I do stupid things like buy $500 Alden boots and eat out about $30 a day..

It sucks and I'm not proud of it and I wish I was more active sometimes. I live quite a sedentary lifestyle.

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:18 AM Post #78 of 113
Quote:
Realistically after taxes it would need to be a bit more but considering I pay about 350 + Food when it comes to bills it's not too bad. I split a 3/2 apartment 4 ways.
wink.gif

Most of the money I make over I guess 50 hours a month isn't tied into bills. Considering I work about 50 a week right now that's a lot of extra dough after bills are paid. I have 0 debt as well.

You don't need tons of money to live comfortably. I'm just thankful I have a job at all right now.

Does your roommates ever borrow your equipment? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #79 of 113
Wrong Thread

Jan 24, 2013 at 12:28 AM Post #80 of 113
Hell no, I'd stab them. They're welcome to listen to it with me doing all the switching and stuff. 

They're like cavemen when it comes to handling stuff...and since we're exclusively vinyl in our house now it's even more delicate than a CD player. 

Even my wife(ish) isn't aloud to cue stuff up yet. I'm going to have to supervise for awhile when it all comes in before I trust her to actually operate the system. She has a bad habit of not turning things off so if I came in with the tube amp having been on all day, or the TT spinning I'll be livid. 

I do wish I lived with someone I could trust to operate the system so they could actually use it and appreciate it. We are moving in with someone I'm hopeful about soon though, so I might get my wish. :D

Quote:
Does your roommates ever borrow your equipment? 
biggrin.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 1:48 AM Post #81 of 113
Hell no, I'd stab them. They're welcome to listen to it with me doing all the switching and stuff. 

They're like cavemen when it comes to handling stuff...and since we're exclusively vinyl in our house now it's even more delicate than a CD player. 

Even my wife(ish) isn't aloud to cue stuff up yet. I'm going to have to supervise for awhile when it all comes in before I trust her to actually operate the system. She has a bad habit of not turning things off so if I came in with the tube amp having been on all day, or the TT spinning I'll be livid. 

I do wish I lived with someone I could trust to operate the system so they could actually use it and appreciate it. We are moving in with someone I'm hopeful about soon though, so I might get my wish. :D

Trust and knowing how to respect someone's else's stuff when your roommates is definitely a plus. My old roommates blew up 3 of 5 Nec M-50 amplifiers I had by never turning off my stereo and playing it at very loud levels for extended periods. At the end, I really did want to stab them :mad:

Jan 24, 2013 at 3:19 AM Post #82 of 113
Quote:
I am a government analyst.

Quote:
What do you analyse?

Sorry about the late reply.  I am a government regulatory analyst, currently involved in the licensing and compliance of telecommunication companies.  Previously, I worked on one of those surcharges that are at the bottom of everyone's phone bills.  

Quote:
Which government do you analyse?

My work involves analyzing the policies and rules of the Feds and those of our State government. 

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #84 of 113
Jan 25, 2013 at 3:07 PM Post #87 of 113
IT Strategist for a Fortune 300 company.  

Jan 25, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #89 of 113
I work as Associate Interactive Producer for an ad shop/s Digital department. Help produce and manage all sorts of Interactive/Digital elements. Cool office culture. I never have to worry about leaving $3000 worth of gear on my desk for extended hours. I leave several pairs of headphones and a DAC up here at all times. 

Jan 26, 2013 at 2:21 PM Post #90 of 113
Scanning. We take peoples paper records (medical, financial,planning)and scan them either direct to the company in question secure server, or send them back more traditionally on CD-roms, dvd's or usb sticks. It does mean that I can listen to whatever I like when appropriate!  Not every day is suitable for listening (I've learned when to judge it!) but most are. An average day for me is 8:30 - 4:30 pm. In that time I tend to mix and match music with audiobooks. So it would go something like this :- 9:30 - 10:45 music (normally get an album in easily). 11:30 to 12:45 either the start of a double or a single disc. Lunch at 1pm for half an hour, then from 1:30 to 3:15 either an audio (depending on what I feel like and how the days going!)or music again. Tea break at 3:15 for 15 minutes and then 3:30 to 4:30. Generally the last hour will either be a comedy (I need a laugh by then!) or just don't bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back