What is your income?
May 3, 2011 at 9:58 PM Post #31 of 45
lol..wut? umad?
lolwutermelon_2.jpg

Quote:
Is that an insult Bwings?
angry_face.gif

May 3, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #32 of 45
This year I'm making about 40% of what I was making 4 years ago...with the same job. It really stinks, but I don't live paycheck to paycheck and I now own a house so that's a plus. No credit card debt. I also drive a 1993 Honda Civic because I'm a cheapskate. I had so many car loans in the past that I just got sick of it and then having to fork over $200+/month just for insurance.

My expenses are also very low. I think the largest expense per month other than my house is my $200/month electricity bill.

If things don't get better I'll probably end up selling my house and getting something cheaper. Luckily where I live houses are cheap. My next one will probably be made out of cardboard.

May 3, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #35 of 45
Another thing to add for all you young folks.  Income is all relative.  My $92K doesn't go that far with three mouths to feed, daycare for two, 401K savings, home and vehicle insurance, college savings, emergency savings, routine maintenance's, taxes to be paid, spontaneous and necessary purchases....etc. 

If it was just me, myself, and I, you can be sure that I would own every top headphone and amp combination that has been discussed here.

May 4, 2011 at 12:10 AM Post #36 of 45

Quote:
Another thing to add for all you young folks.  Income is all relative.  My $92K doesn't go that far with three mouths to feed, daycare for two, 401K savings, home and vehicle insurance, college savings, emergency savings, routine maintenance's, taxes to be paid, spontaneous and necessary purchases....etc. 

If it was just me, myself, and I, you can be sure that I would own every top headphone and amp combination that has been discussed here.

I think that is why people are know having kids in their 30's because it gives you more time to get a steady job/income and you'll have plenty of money to support the kids when they come. I sometimes wonder if my parents were single (never marrried, no kids) all the stuff they could buy with his $80,000~ income not including our side business $10,000~

May 4, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #37 of 45
I can say from experience the 30's is a good time to propagate if you already had plans for it, or not.  Wait too long, you'll be battling finances with school and hard earned retirement.  If you're a gal, mother nature can be very cruel at times. Damn, I regress.

May 4, 2011 at 12:18 AM Post #38 of 45

Quote:
I can say from experience the 30's is a good time to propagate if you already had plans for it, or not.  Wait too long, you'll be battling finances with school and hard earned retirement.  If you're a gal, mother nature can be very cruel at times. Damn, I regress.

I hope you're not talking to me
tongue.gif

May 4, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #40 of 45
Nope. It was purely a general statement spoken out of experience with older friends and coworkers who have tried and either can't or has a slim chance without medical intervention.  The conversations with them are awkward in deed.

May 4, 2011 at 12:58 AM Post #41 of 45

Quote:
Moderator pay?

Pay is strictly confidential, but I have been able to refine my taste in caviar and champagne.

biggrin.gif

(For the record, it's nothing.)

lawl...mai tai's living in a lap of luxury...btw, i think your cat is more active than my dog...

May 4, 2011 at 11:31 AM Post #43 of 45

Quote:
I think a more realistic question is "what's your net worth?".

I think that the most realistic question is "why is a high schooler asking about people's incomes?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back