What is your Head-Fi User Number?
Jan 29, 2007 at 1:57 AM Post #137 of 176
frown.gif
im a noober

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #140 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the record, I'm rather pleased with my age...

Got that part, and I quite agree. I don't want to be a kid again either.

Quote:

...and the fact I learned to to put heavy bags on wheels long ago.

I'm missing something here, but suppose that's Ok. I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so maybe someone can provide a translation. Guess it just means that you have common sense because I still carry the "grip" types of suitcases through airports. Maybe you noticed me lugging one around at the last meet. Perhaps it's a conversation I've since forgotten. Age...

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:18 AM Post #142 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by redshifter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
user number is useless without post count as a measure of your head-fi status.

post count / user number = your status at any time on an infinite scale.

for example, me:
7175 / 558 = 12.86

now jahn:
18911 / 13558 = 1.39

seems fair.

Jude would win that competition as well. Anything divided by 1 is anything. No wait, anything divided by 1 is 1, and no longer anything? I forget...

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:29 AM Post #143 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by socrates63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Speaking of something I missed, I understand that Jude gave custom titles to some people, like lini above. However, most of the time, these seem to be inside jokes and I don't understand them. Can people with custom titles explain the meaning behind them?

Thread crap! Thread crap! Hey, we're talking about a serious topic here, like your user number (or your post count divided by your user number if you insist on being "fancy" like some people here). What's up with this thing about custom titles all of a sudden? Get your own thread, man! You and all of your custom title want-to-talk-about'er friends should feel free to talk about that in your own thread!

(Ok, just in case anyone missed it, that was a joke).

My custom title is an inside joke with Jude and I meaning that (if there was such a thing, and I can promise you there is not), I would be the President, sole member, and all of those other things of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club. But what makes it so funny is that there really isn't such a club here in Cayman. That's why that title cracks me up every time I think about it!

(Ok, just in case anyone missed it, that was another joke).

Actually, I've got to agree with you on this one. Some of the custom titles are rather mysterious.

Jan 29, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #144 of 176
Mine is a joke where I accidentally indicated I knew about Head-fi in 1991 vs. 2001. The thread was regarding when one first heard about Head-fi. I was one of the early Headwize folks and during the problems with Chu and his servers, Jude took it upon himself to rescue our little corner of the web. This was back in June/July of 2001 but I accidentally typed 1991.

The SHAman bit fits in well because I held a contest to name my Melos (it is now a one of a kind but it is 1 of 2 prototypes that preceded all other Melos'. Shaman and my big oops with the 1991 made it into my custom title which I quite like given that my avatar is me as a 1 year old listening to headphones. So really, I AM a real life Shaman with precognitive abilities
wink.gif

Jan 29, 2007 at 3:49 AM Post #147 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by raymondlin /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Muhahahahahahaha
biggrin.gif

15.59 score. impressive...

Jan 29, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #148 of 176

Jan 31, 2007 at 5:39 PM Post #150 of 176
Quote:

Originally Posted by timoteus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
228, but I could swear that a couple of years ago it was 127, so I don't know what happened there. Some kind of mystery or conspiracy.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jude is about the only person who has a usernumber of less than 100. Not sure what the deal is, but perhaps a block of numbers were reserved initially for future testing needs. So really #100 (neil) should be #2 in terms of the actual registered users, and so forth.

What I guess this means is that a newly registered user will not get the same user number as what the home page would suggest (i.e., there are 49,665 members at the moment, but the next person who registers will probably get a user number that is about 100 higher). But please don't try it! Remember, only 1 Head-Fi account per person. To re-register under a new user name is a bannable offense (to both accounts).

Edit: I've just checked and the newest member, mankuso, has a user number of 49897, although the home page shows that we have 49665 members. So obvioulsy, over time, some user numbers have been used in some other way (either for testing purposes, or reserved for future testing purposes, or whatever).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back