What is your favorite strange food/drink mixture?
Feb 20, 2009 at 12:47 AM Post #31 of 62
Yogurt & Cottage Cheese

Feb 20, 2009 at 12:54 AM Post #32 of 62
Pig's intestine, Pig's liver, Ox stomach, steamed radish cubes and mushroom in a noodle soup?

It's not strange for me given my cultural background, but I think it'll seem strange to others especially those in the west. But it is really delicious!
dt880smile.png

A pic of what I'm talking
biggrin.gif

001V5798FC6425697E212Dm.jpg

Feb 20, 2009 at 6:07 AM Post #38 of 62
top picks:

cold pepporoni pizza w/yellow mustard
fritos w/yellow mustard
microwave pizza rolls w/yellow mustard (are you noticing the trend yet?)
microwave pizza rolls w/COLD hot sauce (mmmm, yummy)

learned in undergrad (i think I can top you erik):
alternating btwn chocolate chip teddy grahams, green olives, and salami (mustard optional) == dinner of champs

not suggested:
hershey's bar wrapped in american cheese
hawaiian punch + skim milk + blend

random (can't really decide if I suggest it or not):
8 oz of orange juice + ~8 oz of cane sugar (it WILL all absorb and mix)
6 oz of sprite + ~20 oz of cane sugar (again, it WILL all eventually absorb and mix, you cannot do this one all in at once, instead you gotta do it about 6oz of sugar at a go)

both of these are basically like drinking syrup, will keep you awake much longer than you probably should be, and taste amazing

@crikey: that looks very good, care2share?
icon10.gif

Feb 20, 2009 at 8:59 AM Post #39 of 62
Wow,
The adding of sugar to Oj and Sprite is a little strong for me. Funny though, remember I'm the one who puts grape juice concentrate on icecream.

I don't know if anyone has tried this but Diet Pepsi mixed 1 to 1 with Diet Mountain Dew rocks.

In other places around the world I had radical stuff that they just eat as normal food. One place had huge bags of dried black eels that everyone was putting hot sauce on and eating like chips.

I'm still looking for the Best Foods Mayo/chocolate cake mix?

As it really is a wild world as far as food goes. The most fun I have is just finding out what my coworkers do for kicks with their daily lunch.

Just last week I learned about the peanut butter and banana and potato chip sandwich. I guess that does not sound too radical but you have to see it.

Alot of the stuff I ate overseas I never asked what it was as it was always scary. One trend is to serve deep fried baby chick with whole body still together head and all.The head is eaten in one bite! Or meat balls in soup for 20 cents a bowl that has a strange white noodle surprise in the center.

The wildest drinks looked like thinned-out interior wall decorator pant
and didn't go down well. We do not know what's in these drinks and don't ask. They don't even come in glasses but sandwich bags with straws and ties on the top.

Tumerc and cane suger mixed with fruit, that's great.

Even here in America, the South can be a wild and strange food place.
Has anyone had one of those blue/green backporch salt-ham slices?People eat that for breakfast with eggs and grits. I would guess this stuff was from the days before coolers.

In the hills above Boulder they make a dish called Black Eggs. It takes over-cooked butter and vingar, an iron skillet and eggs.

Feb 20, 2009 at 10:55 AM Post #40 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My father used to love cheesewiz and marmalade.

On toast, yes?

For me its Apple slices and Peanut Butter or a nice hamburger with Peanut Butter. Small amount of Peanut Butter in my milkshakes is good too. Gravy and fries is a good one.

Feb 20, 2009 at 11:13 AM Post #41 of 62
I know, it's really strange, but I love Lemsip

It's not like I look forward to having colds, but this stuff is always the perfect cognac when I need it (like tonight). You have to use hot water and sip it slowly. It's just so soothing and tastes great IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back