What is your favorite fast food restaurant
Jan 20, 2010 at 5:22 PM Post #31 of 47
Looking at McManus' Cayman list makes me wonder once again why those big chains cannot be a bit more inventive. They all compete to make the same thing, and it's not even cheap anymore. I mean, a pizza for $15? Come on, I could make ten large pies for that money, from scratch, with good ingredients. And they'd taste better to me (if only because I had a hand in making them).

Once in Taipei I went into a fast food joint, where they made "burgers" - except instead of buns you get lightly grilled rice patties, and instead of meat you get fish, and instead of lettuce, seaweed: fast, delicious, inventive. I wish they'd take over the world...

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:31 PM Post #32 of 47
http://www.islandsrestaurants.com/ yummy!

Burger King in the Netherlands tho... McDonalds is ugl
tongue.gif

Jan 20, 2010 at 5:56 PM Post #33 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by melomaniac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Once in Taipei I went into a fast food joint, where they made "burgers" - except instead of buns you get lightly grilled rice patties, and instead of meat you get fish, and instead of lettuce, seaweed: fast, delicious, inventive. I wish they'd take over the world...

I once talked to a guy who said he got a 'burger' in shanghai that was a patty of sweet pork sausage on a pumpernickle roll - I forget what the other fixins were.

If i had to go on the basis of frequency i suppose the hat would go to McDonalds, but, I am not convinced that McDonalds really sells food after about 10am. The later in the day it gets, the more McD's ceases to exist for me.

My worst burger experiences have all been McDonalds, and for the last 10 years or so, for lunch or dinner i'd sooner go hungry than set foot in there. But they get a lot of my breakfast money. I think the last thing i had from the regular menu at McD's was a fish sandwich in 1999. Before that was probably whatever their special burger was in 1997, which was so bad that i threw it out the window of my rental car somewhere on I17 near fredericksburg. And then felt bad for littering.

When you find a good Carl's Jr - one that actually follows the manual and cooks things right - it can be very good.

There are 8 or 9 jimmy john's along the wasatch front but none of them so geographically convenient that I've ever actually seen one. The nearest are either 15 minutes from home or 15 minutes from work.

I used to think of myself as a big fan of Subway but i can't seem to find a good subway anymore. All the ones near where I live and where i work crank down the temperature on the vegetable tray until the lettuce freezes, and squish the bread to heck when they roll it. I should start writing angry letters to corporate.

Jan 21, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #35 of 47
I created a fan page for my favorite fast food restaurant on Facebook and I already have 5700 fans.

All hail Go Chicken Go!

fb.com/gochickengo

Jan 21, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #37 of 47
You guys can afford to eat out?
I'm too poor to eat out.
My Chicken Soup recipe starts out . . .. "steal a chicken . . . "

Jan 21, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #39 of 47
Definitely Subway. Quiznos does not offer oil and vinegar on their subs and therefore cannot possibly be considered a real sandwich shop. Subway makes mediocre sandwiches, though, where most fast food places make poor sandwiches. They vary considerably from shop to shop, and most of them suck, but if you get that lucky subway, they can make a good mediocre sub. The key is to load up on sides...add pickles and olives and everything else that would normally ruin the flavor of any worthy sub.

Jan 21, 2010 at 6:01 AM Post #40 of 47
They need more Popeye's chicken in Canada i have only seen two or three of them, that place is awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by baka1969 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is not the first time that poster has gone off on people. Check out the snack thread. All in less than 100 posts! I predict a banning in the future for the troll. Jmho of course.

Troll is the irony in your post.

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #41 of 47
do buffets count as 'fast food'? they are technically very fast
wink.gif
get seated, walk up and pick what you want and then start chowing down.

in my neck of the woods (sf bay area) the indian food places are very popular. food is often quite good and if its a crowded place, the food will be fresh since doesn't sit long under the heat lamps.

but when I slowed down on my buffet eatage, I lost a good 20 or more pounds. so, buffets are to be taken seriously; they can be dangerous if not used correctly (lol).

Jan 21, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #42 of 47
One thing i love about going to the city (Toronto) is going to those hole in the wall Chinese/Indian places that bring you a huge plate of random foot you choose off the menu you can't understand hahaha.

Those technically are my fav lol, but i was going with chains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back