What is your favorite album from 1975?
Feb 20, 2008 at 5:52 PM Post #18 of 36
Captain Fantastic - Elton

Used to make out all the time with Kelly Basham in her parent's basement listening to that.

Feb 20, 2008 at 6:02 PM Post #19 of 36
while all of these are great albums and I listen to them all, I would have to say the album from 1975 that I most listen to currently and would probably be my favorite at the moment is "The Mothership Connection" Parliment; if not "One Size Fits All" Zappa which is, of course, awesome.

Feb 20, 2008 at 8:03 PM Post #22 of 36
No questions asked...
Pink Floyd - "Wish You Were Here"

Feb 20, 2008 at 8:05 PM Post #23 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
X2; "Tangled Up in Blue" now playing on my stereo of the mind.
cool.gif

Make that X3. I am heading down to drop the needle on it right now.
biggrin.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #25 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by omegaman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Neil Young - Tonights The Night gets my vote.

Boy, am I glad this was finally mentioned! Oh, and someone else said Mothership Connection, but I'm pretty sure that was 1976 because that's when I saw the tour. It was my first concert ever; went with my older sister and her boyfriend.

Feb 24, 2008 at 7:35 PM Post #28 of 36
wow, i dont even think of the "year" of releases at all... do you guys just remember this stuff or do you organize your music by year?

O.O

Feb 24, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #30 of 36
Born to Run, simply because I was totally into Springsteen during my high school days (well, this album cam out when I was in 7th grade, but I was already into Bruce by then).

As much as I still love Born to Run (as poorly recorded as it sadly is, which I didn't even realize back then but it really bugs me now), I'd have to say that I've listened to Blood on the Tracks far more often than Born to Run during the past 15 years or so. In so many ways, it touches me more deeply.

So tough choice, but I can't pass up Born to Run since it was a cornerstone for me in my formative years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back