What is your Daily Driver IEM and you pure pleasure set?
Dec 7, 2022 at 2:11 AM Post #47 of 53
I notice though that you list your u12t in your past headphones, not present ... what replaced them for you? Just curious, as a happy u12t owner.
Why did/do you like them more than the Utopias?
I sold the u12t because I didn't listen to them very much anymore, same with the m11 DAP I hooked them up to - I guess the wireless B&W PX8 sort of replaced them out of sheer convenience. I just got a set of Raptgo Hook X today that I consider to be very good for 1/10th the price of the u12t, but I plan on making it wireless with a bluetooth dongle also. I hate wires on mobile systems because I always get them caught on something and they get ripped out of my ears. I wouldn't say I like the u12ts more than the Utopias, more like I like them as much as the Utopias for 1/3 - 1/4 the price. They sounded just as good, but were far cheaper. That said, I found the Utopias to be very neutral, detailed, and boring, and I replaced them with the HE-1000 v2 (which Crinacle loves) and I replaced those with the RAD-0 (which Crinacle hates.) So, maybe I'm not a good source haha. If you enjoy your u12ts, keep them - I haven't heard an IEM better than them, though for 1/10 the price, the Raptgo Hook is impressing me.

Dec 7, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #48 of 53
I sold the u12t because I didn't listen to them very much anymore, same with the m11 DAP I hooked them up to - I guess the wireless B&W PX8 sort of replaced them out of sheer convenience. I just got a set of Raptgo Hook X today that I consider to be very good for 1/10th the price of the u12t, but I plan on making it wireless with a bluetooth dongle also. I hate wires on mobile systems because I always get them caught on something and they get ripped out of my ears. I wouldn't say I like the u12ts more than the Utopias, more like I like them as much as the Utopias for 1/3 - 1/4 the price. They sounded just as good, but were far cheaper. That said, I found the Utopias to be very neutral, detailed, and boring, and I replaced them with the HE-1000 v2 (which Crinacle loves) and I replaced those with the RAD-0 (which Crinacle hates.) So, maybe I'm not a good source haha. If you enjoy your u12ts, keep them - I haven't heard an IEM better than them, though for 1/10 the price, the Raptgo Hook is impressing me.
You are an excellent source! Good stuff. I hear you about getting wires caught on something... I've wrecked many Etymotics cords by doing just that. As for the U12t, I also haven't heard a better pair, but as with any headphone there are differing opinions so I'm always interested to see what people think. Thanks. As for the topic of this thread, my pure pleasure set are the U12t, while my daily drivers alternate between the Etymotic ER2XR, ER4XR, and the U12t. Always with Shanling players... the M2x and M3X. I may upgrade the players at some point but I'm pretty satisfied.

Dec 8, 2022 at 12:07 AM Post #49 of 53
I’m not sure if I have a guilty pleasure, but my daily drivers are the sennheiser ie 600. Great technicalities, the right amount of bass for me, some very nice sparkle in the top end.

The reason I say I don’t think I have a guilty pleasure is because since getting them I haven’t really felt drawn to any of my other IEMs. Maybe that makes the ie 600 my guilty pleasure, too?

Dec 8, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #50 of 53
You are an excellent source! Good stuff. I hear you about getting wires caught on something... I've wrecked many Etymotics cords by doing just that. As for the U12t, I also haven't heard a better pair, but as with any headphone there are differing opinions so I'm always interested to see what people think. Thanks. As for the topic of this thread, my pure pleasure set are the U12t, while my daily drivers alternate between the Etymotic ER2XR, ER4XR, and the U12t. Always with Shanling players... the M2x and M3X. I may upgrade the players at some point but I'm pretty satisfied.
Cheers! My daily driver is currently a Raptgo Hook X, but I have a set of Truthears HEXA and a set of Symphonium Meteors on the way so those may become my pure pleasure. Mostly I listen to my RAD-0 desktop setup at the moment though.

Jan 5, 2023 at 5:04 PM Post #51 of 53
I'm too new at this to have enough of both :sweat_smile: basically any of my IEMs are going to be my day-to-day knock around headphones (Im using the DUNU DK3001s at the moment). My LCD-Xs are going to be the ones i'm actively listening to at home. At some point I'd like to get my hands on some Airpod Max's for while im out and about, but for now I need to save up some coin.

Dec 27, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #52 of 53
Big same. Honestly since getting an IE300 I’ve mostly stopped playing around with other IEMs and haven’t even really used any of the other sets I already own.

Depending on what I’m doing, or if I left my IE300s away from my desk, I’ll use my Campfire Holocenes, which are generally really nice, but something about the sound eventually gets fatiguing for me, in a way the IE300s don’t.

That all said, I’m also really interested in the IE600s, and would’ve already preordered them if we weren’t moving in two weeks because I mostly just don’t want to deal with them getting shipped to the wrong place. All the reviews make it sound like a sweet spot for me.
I ended up picking up a pair of IE300s as a daily driver based on your recommendation for exercise, office etc.. I like the comfortable fit, light weight, hard wearing plastic finish and inoffensive sound signature.

Technicalities certainly don't compare with TOTL IEMs but then again I'm not paying too much attention to the music at the time.

I like the Holocenes too but I find that they excel at some tracks and are just average on others. I used the IE600s for a week then sold them, didn't like them at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back