What is your Daily Driver IEM and you pure pleasure set?
May 20, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #16 of 53
My iem inventory is as follows IMR acoustics Elan, PB1, Halcyon, R2Red, ATEN, splash of gold, Knight, FiiO Fd5, TinHifi P1, 7hz Timeless, tripowin Olina, TINHIFI T3PLUS, Gold Planar GL12, TinHifi t2, fiio FA7, FIIO FH3, Shuoer Tape Pro, Tripowin Mele, HIDIZS MS4, Nicehck HK6 6ba, Blon BL01, Raptgo Hook X, TinHifi P1

My daily driver is the Raptgo Hook x its just so special with my library closely followed by the IMR acoustic HALCYONs then FiiO Fd5 and Olina

May 20, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #17 of 53
I have! I love the tuning, and despite being an all-BA set, it has good dynamics and physicality in the bass, which is something I index strongly for.
My Shure SE535 are all BA and I do not find them lacking in Bass at all. I love those things and still pull them out every now and then to reminisce. They image well but do lack in detail a bit which is what got me looking around initially. I imagine the detail issue would be fixed if they had more then 3 drivers.

May 20, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #18 of 53
Sennheiser IE 900 as my pleasure set (used to be the SE846, which has now turned into my true wireless set via Shure's TW2 adapters) and KSE1200 as my audiophile set.

I'd recommend the KSE all day every day. Hard to beat an electrostat. My IEM journey stopped there. I then started getting into full-sized, because the journey never really ends in this hobby :)
:beerchug: It does never end. What does your full size system look like?

May 20, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #19 of 53
I agonise in a similar way. I had the opportunity to try the KSE1500 at the time I bought the 846 but didn't due to sticker shock.
I previously had 425, a very good pop music IEM, and the 846 were a substantial upgrade in terms of transparency and detail. 846 have a very wide flat response which lends itself to a wide range of different music. For my 62 year old ears they need a little boost on treble but bass is smooth and deep. At a guess I would assume the 535 fit somewhat between the 425 and 846. Given the large step between 425 and 846 there could be a discernable step up to the 846 from the 535. I was certainly worried there would be a step up between the 846 and 1500 and I wasn't prepared to take that chance :)
I certainly recommend trying the 846 if you get the chance again. Be aware you might then need to buy them...
This is what I am afraid of! :jecklinsmile:I really like the Shure sound and an up grade in detail, clarity and imaging, which I imaging the SE846 would be to the SE535 would be just the ticket. This is what my NaNa's are with the added benefit of the 3D holographic effect.

May 20, 2022 at 1:32 PM Post #21 of 53
Nice post!

Daily driver: Sony XBA N3 and Tanchjim Oxygen

Audiophile set for stage monitoring/audio work: Sony IER M9
:thumbsup:That's a Great user name! I'm very curious about the Sony IER sets. I've never had the opportunity to hear any of them and they get such stellar reviews. Maybe someday.

May 20, 2022 at 2:38 PM Post #22 of 53
My iem inventory is as follows IMR acoustics Elan, PB1, Halcyon, R2Red, ATEN, splash of gold, Knight, FiiO Fd5, TinHifi P1, 7hz Timeless, tripowin Olina, TINHIFI T3PLUS, Gold Planar GL12, TinHifi t2, fiio FA7, FIIO FH3, Shuoer Tape Pro, Tripowin Mele, HIDIZS MS4, Nicehck HK6 6ba, Blon BL01, Raptgo Hook X, TinHifi P1

My daily driver is the Raptgo Hook x its just so special with my library closely followed by the IMR acoustic HALCYONs then FiiO Fd5 and Olina
The Raptgo Hook X, interesting. How are the mids and soundstage on it? I've heard A Lot of good things about this set. The only criticism I heard was that the mids were slightly lacking. The reason I ask about the sound stage is because of my Tin HiFi P1 set. I got this set hoping to have found an IEM that was similar to my HiFiman Sundara's, a very exceptional lower cost planar set. that is NOT what the P1's are for me. I find them very lacking in the Bass, very 2 dimensional and no soundstage.
What is your opinion of the Raptgo Hook X for Bass and soundstage?

May 20, 2022 at 3:20 PM Post #23 of 53
The Raptgo Hook X, interesting. How are the mids and soundstage on it? I've heard A Lot of good things about this set. The only criticism I heard was that the mids were slightly lacking. The reason I ask about the sound stage is because of my Tin HiFi P1 set. I got this set hoping to have found an IEM that was similar to my HiFiman Sundara's, a very exceptional lower cost planar set. that is NOT what the P1's are for me. I find them very lacking in the Bass, very 2 dimensional and no soundstage.
What is your opinion of the Raptgo Hook X for Bass and soundstage?
There's no comparison the hook's are super spacious stage with great bass. It's the first iem where it's more about the whole rather than breaking it down to its composite parts. They are just special

May 20, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #24 of 53
Public transport/office drivers: Final E1000 and Ety ER2XR
Serious session IEMs: IER-Z1R and Aroma Jewel

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 4:39 PM Post #26 of 53
Daily driver: IE900

Serious listening: IE900

Pure pleasure: IE900

May 20, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #28 of 53
Daily driver and serious listening: SeeAudio Bravery, mostly, and Penon Serial when the DD mood strikes

My other IEMs are gathering dust and might need to be sold.

May 20, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #29 of 53
Current pattern while waiting for the Dunu Vernus: I have a set of TFZ T2 Pros with the Coco Bluetooth band. I’m using that for casual listening, podcasts and whatnot. For serious listening I usually reach for the Campfire Andromeda (or the Senn HD650) but at the moment it’s the Shuoer S12. That could change again when the Raptgo Hook-X gets here, but it’ll have to have some special sauce to unseat the S12.

Note in regard to the TFZ T2 Pro: I think it’s an under appreciated set. It’s tuned to a fairly flat profile, doesn’t have overwhelming bass (though it is elevated,) has good mid-tones with reasonable detail and a fair amount of top end sparkle that helps to give it a nice wide and tall sound stage. The one thing they lack is depth, but that’s a pretty minor thing given that you get really nice workhorse IEMSs and a Bluetooth 5 cable that works very well for just under $70US.

Last edited:
May 20, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #30 of 53
Right now i am in a honeymoon phase with the IE300. The fit and comfort is bar-none. And i cannot get over the HUGE and detailed sound that comes out of that tiny iem. It is my current daily driver for everything
Big same. Honestly since getting an IE300 I’ve mostly stopped playing around with other IEMs and haven’t even really used any of the other sets I already own.

Depending on what I’m doing, or if I left my IE300s away from my desk, I’ll use my Campfire Holocenes, which are generally really nice, but something about the sound eventually gets fatiguing for me, in a way the IE300s don’t.

That all said, I’m also really interested in the IE600s, and would’ve already preordered them if we weren’t moving in two weeks because I mostly just don’t want to deal with them getting shipped to the wrong place. All the reviews make it sound like a sweet spot for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back