What is your best buy to date?
Jan 9, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #46 of 50
I'm so excited! I just got off the phone with a good pal of mine who happens to also be a Sennheiser rep, and I've agreed to buy one of the demo pairs of HD800 for a mere $500! The only catch is that I'll have to wait a couple of days until CES 2009 is over, but that price includes the FedEx overnight fees to Grand Cayman.

Oh, and the other catch is that I'm full of crap...

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #47 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm so excited! I just got off the phone with a good pal of mine who happens to also be a Sennheiser rep, and I've agreed to buy one of the demo pairs of HD800 for a mere $500! The only catch is that I'll have to wait a couple of days until CES 2009 is over, but that price includes the FedEx overnight fees to Grand Cayman.

Oh, and the other catch is that I'm full of crap...

LOL you had me for a moment
tongue.gif

Jan 9, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #48 of 50
The ATH-AD1000 i bought here from onvn.

The best non headphone purchase would be a pair of Adam A5 nearfield monitors. I jumped in before the price rise due to our dropping dollar, and saved 40%. They sound heavenly with my Apogee Duet DAC and they'll sound even better when i buy the matching Sub7 subwoofer.

Jan 9, 2009 at 7:12 AM Post #49 of 50
Quote:

Originally Posted by TopPop /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think that "best buy" necessarily has to mean "the item that one pays the least amount under street value for"...

Exactly.
smily_headphones1.gif
I was more interested in what ohones/equipment where a good deal, *and* you still love and will never see yourself reselling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back