What is your Audio Philosophy ?
Apr 11, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #76 of 83
1. Burn-In: (I assume that you're talking about headphones, cables here) no, I believe in science (might get flamed for this)

2. Methods of burning-in (if yes, what?):nope

3. Termination/interconnects: yes, the fancier my equipments look the happier I am, hence better music

4. Power filtering/prep: yes. try running a fan heater from the same mains as your amp/dac

5. Synergy amongst equipment: yes

6. Replacement cables/recabling: same as 3

7. Tube amps preferred over solid states: no, I prefer something with a better graph to start with

8. Analog/Vinyl preferred over digital/CD: no

9. More expensive gear is usually better gear: nope, take diy as a counter example

10. Do you place emphasis and value on ABXing: definitely. placebo is everywhere and I need compass to stay on the right track. that aside, I'm doing statistics in university :D

Apr 12, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #77 of 83

Quote:
you'd end up calling a children's rhyme better [...] than mozart's requiem.

Actually that's totally how I feel.

1. Burn-In: No. Even if, it wouldn't matter, because my brain would adjust either way and I wouldn't notice a darn thing.

2. Methods of burning-in (if yes, what?): n/a

3. Termination/interconnects: -> See Revolink

4. Power filtering/prep: Well it's electronics. Obviously a steady power supply helps performance. How steady that's got to be, no clue.

5. Synergy amongst equipment: -> See Revolink

6. Replacement cables/recabling: -> See Revolink

7. Tube amps preferred over solid states: Haven't had the opportunity/capital to acquire any.

8. Analog/Vinyl preferred over digital/CD: I like both, depending on the piece, particularly the instrumentalisation.

9. More expensive gear is usually better gear: There is a big tendency of course, yes. But assuming anything beyond that would equal the homo oeconomicus-concept in its economic naivity.

10. Do you place emphasis and weight on ABXing: Science is my hot hot sex!

Apr 12, 2011 at 10:48 PM Post #78 of 83
Burn in- yes. people here say so it must be true

Methods of burn in- play my favorite music because then it will sound better with it. play white noise doesn't make it sound as good.

termination/interconnects- people come up to me with their silly graphs and blind tests, but my ears know better. pure gold plated with platinum then sprinkled with unicorn dust, terminated with diamonds.

power- yes. look above

recable- yes. it doesn't sound as good if it doesnt have 12 stiff wires all braided and cryo treated

tube vs ss- tubes hands down. they sound more happier. there may seem to be no logical backing to my claims, but trust me and my ears.

analog vs digital- analog of course. digital sounds more shiny while analog sounds more black.

expensive gear better than cheap- duh. higher the price, higher the audio quality

ABX- nuh uh. it is all lies. my eyes can tell the difference.

Apr 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM Post #79 of 83

1. Burn-In: Yes

2. Methods of burning-in (if yes, what?): No (listening will work fine)

3. Termination/interconnects: Only slight differences nothing huge

4. Power filtering/prep: Only if its a really good filter cheap ones will make it sound worse

5. Synergy amongst equipment: sorta, if an amp tends to put out more bass then others and your headphones lack bass well then...

6. Replacement cables/recabling: Never triad 

7. Tube amps preferred over solid states: I think you get what you pay for for both I don't prefer one over the other

8. Analog/Vinyl preferred over digital/CD: Yes, but depends on how high end the analog system is and the type of music

9. More expensive gear is usually better gear: Yes

10. Do you place emphasis and value on ABXing: For certain things, Mostly headphone drivers. 

Sorry my answers are variable and depend on a lot of other things haha. 

Apr 13, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #80 of 83
you are a funny man KuKuBuKu I'm stitching myself. No sarcasm intended

Apr 13, 2011 at 8:38 AM Post #82 of 83

Quote:
Kukubu, you're as funny as the other guys on my ignore list. Enjoy their company!.

So just posting a bit of sarcasm that happens to be mocking your opinion is enough to get on your ignore list?

Apr 13, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #83 of 83

Quote:
So just posting a bit of sarcasm that happens to be mocking your opinion is enough to get on your ignore list?

Yes, that's the beauty of the ignore list. If people annoy me too much and too often in threads that I otherwise enjoy I simply switch them off. Posts from people like that are just a waste of my time. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back