What is your age/occupation?
Nov 2, 2009 at 8:51 PM Post #166 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by specto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What?

My BSc is in theoretical population dynamics (population ecology), my PhD is in theoretical population genetics and some statistical genetics (evolutionary biology). I've developed statistical techniques for analyzing the x-ray crystal structures of proteins (structural biology). I do experimental biology using microbes (microbiology). Currently I'm studying the arginine biosynthesis repressor protein (ArgR) from which I'm learning protein biochemistry (molecular biology and biochemistry), and I'm starting to learn structural biology for my next job (more structural biology).

Nov 2, 2009 at 8:56 PM Post #167 of 298
17 and student obviously. But planning on majoring in Chemistry and becoming a Pharmacists.

Nov 2, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #168 of 298
20, 3rd year of my master in electronic engineering, hoping to specialize in microelectronics.

Reading the whole thread, I can say there are some people here with some pretty cool jobs.
This certainly is a very diverse community.

Nov 2, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #169 of 298
Damn, it's so interesting to see all the PhD students and what you are researching.
smily_headphones1.gif
Awesome.

Nov 3, 2009 at 12:57 AM Post #172 of 298
I am feeling old....
frown.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:39 AM Post #176 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't. You are awesome. These kids contribute nothing of value, whereas you are always enjoyable.

That sure came out as an insult to everyone new to the board.

tongue.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 1:41 AM Post #177 of 298
47 and Shop Owner

Nov 3, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #178 of 298
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't. You are awesome. These kids contribute nothing of value, whereas you are always enjoyable.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aynjell
That sure came out as an insult to everyone new to the board.

Being 19 and a student, I fall into the 'useless kid' demographic! How quaint.
biggrin.gif

Also, pcf, x2 on the awesomeness. Seeing as you are an animator, you are up to 'Legend' status in my book
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 3, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #180 of 298
52, Infectious Diseases Physician, Immunology Researcher, life has been busy stamping out disease!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back