What is wrong with Pittsburgh? (lack of cans)
Dec 11, 2005 at 4:22 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader
My goodness, where I live thats about when you start wearing a tuque, what's wrong with the cold, eh?

Hey the cold doesn't bother me, I'll be running outside about 65 miles per week
very_evil_smiley.gif
Rigth now it's 20F outside and I'm looking forward to it!

Dec 11, 2005 at 9:14 PM Post #17 of 19
I'm from Minnesota, so if cold is the only downside, it won't be a problem. We do -30 no problem.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 12, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #18 of 19
I'm a born and raised 'Burgher and I find that the people that I talk to have a lot of pride in our city. I think that many people that have a negative attitude have never spent any time here. They just think we are all steel mills, smog, ect. The city has had to go through a major transformation within the last 20 years or so from that sterotype. Hell, two years ago Mt. Washington which is directly across the Mon river overlooking downtown was rated SECOND BEST VIEW IN THE WORLD by a major, national travel publication. Even I thought that was weird, but so many people voted for it that it made second. There are pro's and con's to anywhere you live. I just think there are more pro's than con's here. "But to each his own."

Dec 12, 2005 at 2:47 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by finleyville
I'm a born and raised 'Burgher and I find that the people that I talk to have a lot of pride in our city. I think that many people that have a negative attitude have never spent any time here. They just think we are all steel mills, smog, ect. The city has had to go through a major transformation within the last 20 years or so from that sterotype. Hell, two years ago Mt. Washington which is directly across the Mon river overlooking downtown was rated SECOND BEST VIEW IN THE WORLD by a major, national travel publication. Even I thought that was weird, but so many people voted for it that it made second. There are pro's and con's to anywhere you live. I just think there are more pro's than con's here. "But to each his own."

Right on
biggrin.gif
I'm proud to be from the Burgh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back