What is wrong with Pittsburgh? (lack of cans)
Nov 22, 2005 at 3:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Angaria

100+ Head-Fier
I mean jeepers, CMU is here, yet I'm daily overwhelmed by sheer numbers of stock ipod buds. It's almost more depressing than the weather. I did see a girl a few weeks ago with some ATH-CM7's, which was hot, but that was WEEKS ago. What is it about Pittsburgh?

Nov 22, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #2 of 19
I go to Duquesne, a few miles down the road, and if you think CMU is bad, you should walk around my campus some time...

I get excited when I see those Sony streetstyle cans, otherwise it's just a sea of white...as far as the eye can see. I used to get good looks when I had my UM2's and E5's, and Im' sure they will continue when I get a set of E4's this winter.

Nov 22, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #3 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Angaria
I mean jeepers, CMU is here, yet I'm daily overwhelmed by sheer numbers of stock ipod buds. It's almost more depressing than the weather. I did see a girl a few weeks ago with some ATH-CM7's, which was hot, but that was WEEKS ago. What is it about Pittsburgh?

I also go to CMU and I've actually seen a lot of HD280s and PortaPros around campus lately. Several people use HD497s, and I've seen an SR225. It's really not too bad here in that respect. You may have also seen me walking around campus wearing a pair of DT990s as a joke
wink.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 5:24 AM Post #4 of 19
what does the CMU stand for (i understand it is a college)
the only CMU i know of is Central Michigan University and last time i checked that wasn't in pennsylvania

also, i go to lake superior state university and the closest thing to good cans that i have seen is a set of ksc75's which i recomended to the kid .
actually thinking about it i havent really seen anyone walking around with any type of audio device.

i live on the border between canada and the U.S. (upper penninsula michigan)
the closest thing to a high end audio store within 100mi of me (in the us at least) is radio shack
frown.gif

Nov 28, 2005 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 19
Heh, I just saw a guy on the CMU campus using a DT880 portably
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

(and no, it was not me)

Nov 28, 2005 at 9:02 PM Post #8 of 19
“What is wrong with Pittsburgh?”

Ya got me but something must be wrong. When I was in the Navy in Boot Camp everyone always asks where ya from. So one guy yells over to a new recruit “Where ya from” Pittsburgh was the response. The guy who asked yells back “Pittsburgh Sucks” and the guy from Pittsburgh responds “Yeah I know”. It was odd because no matter where you’re from people usually have some small amount of pride but not Pittsburgh.

Mitch

Nov 28, 2005 at 9:17 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
“What is wrong with Pittsburgh?”

Ya got me but something must be wrong. When I was in the Navy in Boot Camp everyone always asks where ya from. So one guy yells over to a new recruit “Where ya from” Pittsburgh was the response. The guy who asked yells back “Pittsburgh Sucks” and the guy from Pittsburgh responds “Yeah I know”. It was odd because no matter where you’re from people usually have some small amount of pride but not Pittsburgh.

Mitch

I think people say things like jokingly rather than with true hatred for Pittsburgh. People here aren't too uptight in general about insulting their city (except when the Steelers are playing).

For the record, I have very little pride for the place where I grew up (which is on Long Island).

Nov 29, 2005 at 4:47 AM Post #10 of 19
I think basically every college is a sea of white. I saw apair of SR 60s, a decent pair of Shure earbuds, and that's about it. I use a pair of HD25s. BTW, is Pittsburgh cool? I want to go to CMU, so that's why I'm interested to know.

Dec 11, 2005 at 5:57 AM Post #11 of 19
Pittsburgh is cool, but it's cold. i.e. not a bad place to spend 4 years when you're too busy to do a lot except study. When you do have time there's enough to do.

Dec 11, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #12 of 19
Also from CMU here, I've seen some grados around, some boses, not much else though.

Dec 11, 2005 at 6:43 AM Post #13 of 19
i was in pittsburgh a while ago, nice place and yes theres quite a lot of stuff to do if you're willing to get your butt out into the cold (during this time of year)

it was a nice change from champaign
biggrin.gif
and a much needed break for me

cheers

Dec 11, 2005 at 6:53 AM Post #14 of 19
I never really thought Pittsburgh was very cold. It gets down to 7-10F sometimes, but what can you really do when it's that cold anyways? It's a pretty temperate climate here...hot summers and cold winters. Plus, we don't have to worry about any natural disasters or those nasty lake-effect snowstorms that Lake Erie is responsible for. It's also a pretty clean city. I've spent the past 4 years running in college here, and I've seen the entire city and surrounding communities in a giant 7 mile radius
tongue.gif

Dec 11, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #15 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thaddy
It gets down to 7-10F sometimes, but what can you really do when it's that cold anyways?

My goodness, where I live thats about when you start wearing a tuque, what's wrong with the cold, eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back