Bass: 1 x 25 cm

Mids: 1 x Polycone

Highs: 1 x EMIT

Suggested for amplifiers with: 20-135 Watts per channel

Frequency range: 42 Hz - 45 kHz

Crossover frequencies: 500 Hz, 5000 Hz

Feb 10, 2004 at 7:31 PM Post #18 of 20
Thanks poojou, that helps.

For a 10" 3 way there are abundant options. If the old EMITs are still working, it would be fun to match a ribbon midrange. I will rummage through some options.

Woofers have gotten very good in recent years. If you can get me the cabinet dimensions (internal, or external and wall thickness) I can run some simulations on sealed and vented options.

The crossover is always the biggest pain. If you decide to re-driver, you will need to dig them out of there and diagram the circuit. We can figure out what you are working with from there.

Trivia: EMIT was Infinity's acronym for "Electro-Magnetic Induction Tweeter". We always called it a ribbon, but I don't recall whether it is edge driven or surface driven. Anybody know?

gerG

Feb 10, 2004 at 10:42 PM Post #19 of 20
The cabinet seems very solid to me, so it is worth to use it, but I agree that three ways speakers is harder to get kits, or anything similar, one thing is sure, I think that PartExpress and Madisound offer a crossover design service if you can tell them the drivers are you going to use, so maybe it is worth to get from them the drivers, in 10" there is a huge variety, you could get a ribbon mid as gerG said. And you will end with a much better speaker, for less than a new one with a more crappy sound

Feb 11, 2004 at 6:32 AM Post #20 of 20
THanks for the opinions guys, i'll try to get cabinet specs for you gerg, i am gonna fix the foam surrounds first, and see how they sound, then, maybe later i'll chuck some decent woofers/midranges in...(no money leh)

EDIT: oohh here we go - schematics time http://oellerer.net/infinity_classic...ical_sheet.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Back