What is up with stereoheadphones.net
Sep 13, 2004 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

AndrewFischer

500+ Head-Fier
Has anyone had trouble ordering from Stereoheadphones.net lately?

I ordered a pair of HD-580s last Tuesday and haven't heard anything from them since. They haven't charged my card, they haven't responded to my emails and when I try calling them I get this message: "The mail box for 'Apex Digital' is full. Please try again later."
frown.gif

Sep 13, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #2 of 12
Oh no! That place is horrible!

I ordered a pair of HD280s from them in March. It actually came quickly. After about a week and a half, I decided that the 280s weren't for me so I sent them back. About a month passed and no credit showed up on my card. I called several times but only got voice mail. After about 4 days of calling, someone finally picked up. He told me that he'd take care of of it so I waited for about another week. Still no credit so I phoned them again. He told me he'd take care of it that day and to call back the next day so he could give me some kind of confirmation number. I decided to give him an extra day, and I called back 2 days later. He didn't seem to remember the call at all. By the way, this was all one person. Anyway, he said he'd look for it so he put me on hold. After holding for about 15 minutes, I got suspicious so I hung up and called right back. He immediately picks up, and he's like, "Huh? Who? Oh...sorry, I forgot." How do you forget that someone is on the phone?! It finally got settled after that last call. In all, it took about 6 weeks, countless phone calls, and LOTS of patience to get my money back.

I have a feeling that stereoheadphones.net, aka apex digital, aka abel headphones, is a side operation run by a stoner college kid. If he hasn't charged you yet, shoot him an email cancelling the order and avoid at all costs.

Sep 14, 2004 at 12:40 AM Post #3 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
Oh no! That place is horrible!

I have a feeling that stereoheadphones.net, aka apex digital, aka abel headphones, is a side operation run by a stoner college kid. If he hasn't charged you yet, shoot him an email cancelling the order and avoid at all costs.

I was afraid of that. I'm trying to cancel, but can't get through on the phone. If I just send an cancel email, it will likely get lost. I've not had a single response to any email I've sent.

Sep 14, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by highflyin9
Yow! Good luck with that Andrew, the guy sounds a lot like the main character in Momento.

At least he kept notes.

I've sent the cancel email. All this to save 10 bucks. Not worth it.

Sep 14, 2004 at 12:46 AM Post #6 of 12
Can you freeze your credit card? Call your company to do that so the guy working at stereoheadphones can't bill it, then contact him to cancel the order.

Sep 14, 2004 at 12:57 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by skitlets
Can you freeze your credit card? Call your company to do that so the guy working at stereoheadphones can't bill it, then contact him to cancel the order.

I have no idea. Has anyone done that? Does anyone know what the actual merchant name will come up as? StereoHeadphones, Able Digital, Able Headphones? I'm a forgetfull loser.com ?

At least the phone number is an RBOC, not a cellphone.

An nna-npx search turned up this:

480-668 AZ QWEST CORPORATION 9636 PHOENIX MESAAZMADS0 00/00/0000 Prefix Type: RBOC
Switch Name: MESA
Switch Type: 5ES
LATA: Phoenix AZ (666)
Tandem: PHNXAZMA01T

Sep 14, 2004 at 1:09 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by TenaciousO
I remember when I started to get suspicious that I did a bbb.org search on them to find the address.

Oh yeah, they're also known as selectrebate.com.

That would be it.

From bbb.org:
CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

This company has an unsatisfactory record with the Bureau due to a pattern of complaints concerning delivery issues and refund practices. The company has not responded to complaints presented by the Bureau

I really should have done my homework on this one.
frown.gif
I'm going to try and call my bank and see if I can have them decline charges from any of the named businesses.

Sep 14, 2004 at 7:47 PM Post #10 of 12
They must monitor this forum....
Finaly got a response. Looks like my 580's are on the way and should be here soon.
580smile.gif

Summary:
They did ship the headphones 3 days after I placed the order.
They didn't tell me they shipped.
They didn't respond to my first few emails.
They were impossible to reach by phone.
May not be a one person company. The order was shipped from a different state than where the phone number goes to.
I saved a few dollars over using one of the site sponser's stores. It wasn't worth it.

Copy of the emails.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Here you go...

Shipped on 9/10 - tracking number 1Z5250230348266379

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 11:07 AM
To: 'Craig Cameron'
Subject: RE: CANCEL: Online Order

Craig,

Just a reminder that I'd like that tracking number.

a.

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 9:23 PM
To: 'Andrew Fischer'

Andrew,

Shipping is already gone home for the day so I do not have it on hand but I will get it for you first thing tomorrow morning.

Regards,

Craig Cameron

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 6:20 PM
To: 'Craig Cameron'

What is the tracking number???

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 8:50 PM
To: 'Andrew Fischer'

Andrew,

You were supposed to have received an email when the product shipped which was on the 10th so you should have it any day. If you would like I can get you the tracking number. I apologize if you did not get the auto email from the shipping system.

Regards,

Craig Cameron

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 5:44 PM
To: sales@stereoheadphones.net
Subject: CANCEL: Online Order
Importance: High

I've given up on this. I've tried repeatedly to contact you via email and phone with no response.

Please cancel this order. DO NOT SEND IT.

Please reply to this email!

Andrew Fischer

From: sales@stereoheadphones.net [mailto:sales@stereoheadphones.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 8:32 PM
To: xxxxxxx@yahoo.com
Subject: Online Order

Your order has been received.

Name:Andrew Fischer
Address:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
City:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
State:xxZip:xxxxx