What is under your table?
Jul 25, 2008 at 7:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

883dave

Headphoneus Supremus
At present I am using Black Diamond thick pucks with #4 cones replacing the original legs. The table sits on a Black Diamond shelf for the source with #4 cones onto a 4" thick maple shelf (top of the stand).
To date this has given the best presentation of music thus far.

What do you have under your table?

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:11 PM Post #7 of 22
My PC tower... and other things

Edit: Btw, why is this topic in the high-end section? I just realized after posting
confused.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #8 of 22
Thought this would be self evident in a high end forum but....

A table is sometimes refered to as a Record Player or for the enlightened a turnTABLE.
This is a machine that you put the (usually) black, round, flat things with grooves on, and with the help of other equipment and the magic of electronics, out comes noise.

Black Diamond is a company that makes a line of isolation and vibration products to go under audio equipment.

So...What do you have or use for vibration under your table (Turntable)

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:42 PM Post #9 of 22
I use the stock Orbe feet and have it on a SolidSteel audio stand. The stand is on spikes on an oak floor.

After I finish my current amp project, I plan to start on a solid aluminum turntable stand, with two shelves for records and space for the preamp.

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:14 PM Post #10 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by 883dave /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thought this would be self evident in a high end forum but....

A table is sometimes refered to as a Record Player or for the enlightened a turnTABLE.
This is a machine that you put the (usually) black, round, flat things with grooves on, and with the help of other equipment and the magic of electronics, out comes noise.

Black Diamond is a company that makes a line of isolation and vibration products to go under audio equipment.

So...What do you have or use for vibration under your table (Turntable)

OOOHHH

Jul 25, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #11 of 22
Stock cones on my VPI SSM sitting on a maple butcher block 2 1/2" thick.

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #13 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use the stock Orbe feet and have it on a SolidSteel audio stand. The stand is on spikes on an oak floor.

After I finish my current amp project, I plan to start on a solid aluminum turntable stand, with two shelves for records and space for the preamp.

Interesting project, with the solid aluminum are you going to weld? or use fastners?. Please post pictures when you are done

Jul 26, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by tom hankins /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stock cones on my VPI SSM sitting on a maple butcher block 2 1/2" thick.

Did you notice a change in sound with the maple?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back