What is this thing called?
Jan 31, 2010 at 10:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 44

beamthegreat

500+ Head-Fier
Im serious. I dont know the name of any kitchen utensils.
31xXmYKJ-%2BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
Thanks

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:13 AM Post #3 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonhapimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
spatula.

thanks

Jan 31, 2010 at 10:30 AM Post #4 of 44
I LOL'd. You can also call it a budget S&M spanking paddle.
wink.gif

Jan 31, 2010 at 2:40 PM Post #9 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the technical name is "flipper-overer"
icon10.gif

End of thread.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:02 PM Post #10 of 44
I am quite sure it's called turner. Isn't spatula the one you use to mix cake mixture?

By the way, maybe it's just me, but if you keep looking at the picture for awhile, it will start to look like Jennifer Lopez.

But seriously, let me give you an advice. If you plan to fry eggs with it, never buy the ones with holes in the middle because they are hard to clean. And make sure you get the heat resistance silicon one. (or metal one if your pan can handle it)

But whatever you do, please don't call it a wife-beater or else shopkeeper would look at you funny.

Jan 31, 2010 at 3:45 PM Post #11 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am quite sure it's called turner. Isn't spatula the one you use to mix cake mixture?

By the way, maybe it's just me, but if you keep looking at the picture for awhile, it will start to look like Jennifer Lopez.

But seriously, let me give you an advice. If you plan to fry eggs with it, never buy the ones with holes in the middle because they are hard to clean. And make sure you get the heat resistance silicon one. (or metal one if your pan can handle it)

But whatever you do, please don't call it a wife-beater or else shopkeeper would look at you funny.

Correct. A spatula is used to smear things out with, whether that's oil paint or whipped cream.

The utensil posted on the top here is used to flip things over with. Hence, as NiceCans pointed out, 'flipper-over' is the name you are looking for.

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #13 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That is a turner. This is a spatula:

10bakersspatulawithrive.jpg

That looks like every high/middle school teacher should have now days to discipline those kids.

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:36 PM Post #14 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by limpidglitch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Correct. A spatula is used to smear things out with, whether that's oil paint or whipped cream.

The utensil posted on the top here is used to flip things over with. Hence, as NiceCans pointed out, 'flipper-over' is the name you are looking for.

I don't think so. In the U.S, we call it a spatula.

(the embed didn't work, here's a link
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XbCWmY0eqY

Jan 31, 2010 at 4:48 PM Post #15 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by hypoicon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think so. In the U.S, we call it a spatula.

I'm not sure if that's universal. If my middle school foods teacher caught me calling a turner a spatula she would probably kill me.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back