What is the World Record for wearing a pair
Sep 3, 2008 at 11:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Scottsmrnyc

500+ Head-Fier
of Headphones and listening to music??? Can anyone check the Guiness Book of Records for me. It could be cool to have a Wearing Headphone World Record Party? Any thoughts on the subject? This is Headfi.org right!!!!

Scottsmrnyc

Sep 4, 2008 at 9:58 AM Post #2 of 13
Their website (Guinness World Records - Home Page) has a search function. Entering "headphones" into it gives no responses. I recon if we invite an adjudicator from there to the next National/International meet, we could have an entry into the big book!

EDIT: They have a text-query function, which allows you to get a response from a real person, rather than the limited search. I am asking it the question right now.

EDIT: Their response...

Quote:

There is no official Guinness World Record for most people listening to headphones. For info on how to set this record, see Guinness World Records - Home Page

I recon we might be on to something here...

This page outlines the claim process, and if we plan it for the next national meet, get some big numbers there, then that'd be awesome!

Sep 4, 2008 at 10:03 AM Post #3 of 13
It's not really good to do this, it's a really stupid thing actually. The ears and the head needs a quick rest after 4-5 hours.

You don't wanna become deaf do you? I'm sure 20-30 hours can work, but it's not healthy.

Sep 4, 2008 at 10:10 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by user123456 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not really good to do this, it's a really stupid thing actually. The ears and the head needs a quick rest after 4-5 hours.

You don't wanna become deaf do you? I'm sure 20-30 hours can work, but it's not healthy.

I think a better record would be for the most people wearing headphones and listening to music at the same time in the same place, not some crazy endurance record...

Sep 4, 2008 at 11:02 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think a better record would be for the most people wearing headphones and listening to music at the same time in the same place, not some crazy endurance record...

I think you're onto something. Endurance is a bad idea, but having the most people listening to headphones at one time in the same place is very doable, especially at an international meet. Do you think the Guinness people would go for it?

Sep 4, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #8 of 13
Does the record require you to wear the headphones on your head?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you're onto something. Endurance is a bad idea, but having the most people listening to headphones at one time in the same place is very doable, especially at an international meet. Do you think the Guinness people would go for it?

You would have stiff competition from the silent rave out at the burning man festival.

Sep 4, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does the record require you to wear the headphones on your head?

You would have stiff competition from the silent rave out at the burning man festival.

Well, only if they decided to make an official world record bid...

Sep 5, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #10 of 13
Okay-I am open to changing the concept of the World Record. Let's shoot for the most amount of people in one area wearing headphones. This could be fun. Scottsmrnyc

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:03 AM Post #11 of 13
4-5 hours? I can barely make it through most albums -- my ears tend to sweat.

Sep 5, 2008 at 3:14 AM Post #12 of 13
I'm pretty sure a DJ would have the record. I remember reading, from time to time, about some DJ somewhere that would broadcast non-stop from some weird place for charity.

For example, I remember something about a DJ in a glass box suspended from a crane, that broadcast for days and days... presumably with headphones on. Prob not 100% of the time, though.

Try a search under "longest continuous DJ broadcast." This would give you some idea.

Sep 5, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #13 of 13
Well...we could probably win the highest net worth of headphones being worn listening to music in the same room at the same time easily...most of those silent rave pictures people are wearing iBuds
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back