What is the weak link in my setup right now?
Feb 7, 2009 at 4:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

nauxolo

100+ Head-Fier
Behind sooner dining so window excuse he summer. Breakfast met certainty and fulfilled propriety led. Waited get either are wooded little her. Contrasted unreserved as mr particular collecting it everything as indulgence. Seems ask meant merry could put. Age old begin had boy noisy table front whole given.

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2009 at 4:38 AM Post #2 of 20
The quality of the headphones in your sig seems under matched by your amp. I'd look there.

Feb 7, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #5 of 20
I have no idea how the dac in the Zero is but if it is decent, then I would look into getting a better amp. m^3 or beta22 or GS-1/X comes to mind
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #6 of 20
Amplification for sure...
smile.gif

Cause the RS1 scale well, and I guess the ATH-ESW10JPN do as well..

Feb 7, 2009 at 9:51 AM Post #7 of 20
You already have a very nice Grado. If you somehow do not like the sound get another headphone.
If you do like the sound get a better amp or DAC.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #8 of 20
Did you use stock tubes in the LD I+? If so, that was why there was not much improvement. Stock tubes suck. Roll them and you would have seen a huge improvement. But too late now.

Feb 7, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #10 of 20
Not your headphones, is for sure... If you're like me, maybe it's your ears.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to disagree with everyone, and say it's your source files. If you're on 128 kbps mp3s you scored off the interweb, it's time to buy CDs. Or at least download better files.

Feb 7, 2009 at 12:16 PM Post #11 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not your headphones, is for sure... If you're like me, maybe it's your ears.
biggrin.gif

I'm going to disagree with everyone, and say it's your source files. If you're on 128 kbps mp3s you scored off the interweb, it's time to buy CDs. Or at least download better files.

i agree.

after i got into this hobby....the biggest disappointment was GB's of 128 kbps files..they can be a big bottleneck.

but the OP didnt mention clearly his audio formats.

Feb 7, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #14 of 20
Do you have speaker system? I find it far more noticeable with MP3's. You may as well go flac, for your PC system- the cost of hard drive per GB is to the point where you can store hundreds of albums onto a single HD. Lossy is not worthwhile for PC based server unless you have thousands and thouands of albums, where the cost of dozens of 1.5TB is a bit too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back