What is the most unobtrusive IEM ?
Feb 8, 2013 at 4:39 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

secondary

New Head-Fier
I am looking for an unobtrusive IEM that i will forget that I am wearing.. budget.. around $100

Etymotic phones with the cone-looking buds seem to be ideal but I cannot judge from just seeing the pics. 

Please advise !

Thank you.

Feb 8, 2013 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 9
JVC FXT90 is very comfortable for me, and sounds excellent. From my experience, Ety's aren't very comfortable if you're not used to deep insertion. Good luck!

Feb 8, 2013 at 7:46 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:
Phonak, even more "disappearing into your ear" than Westone, but they are getting out of the game be aware

Phonak is extremely comfortable, and it's really a pity that they are dropping out. I'm not much of a fan, but the Klipsch X10 is extremely comfortable (as it is very slim and really disappears in your ear) while having a very good level of isolation as well with a deep insertion, a combination quite rare among IEMs. It sounds quite decent too, and can be had around $100.

Feb 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM Post #6 of 9
I think this whole time you've been meaning "physically unobtrusive", not "unobtrusive sound signature", right?

If so, the answer is Etymotic ER6i with some regular hybrid-style silicone tips (because I know if I didn't mention that last part, someone would freak out about the recommended deep-insertion -- it's not really necessary). ER6i are absolutely tiny.

Feb 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #7 of 9
CKM500 doesnt insert very deep and uses the outer ear, so for me they where the most comfy iems ive ever tried. Would love to try the SE215 too tho, since they seeme to use the outer ear too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back