WHAT IS THE MOST NEUTRAL AND FLAT/BALANCED SOUNDING IEM UNDER 60-70 DOLLARS ?
Feb 27, 2020 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

utir

New Head-Fier
Most of the budget iems have V-shaped or bass heavy sound signature. so i wanted to know , is there any iem in this price range that has neutral and flat or balanced sound or is the most neutral /balanced sounding iem comparing to other iems?

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 12
Cca c12 is usually mentioned, the TRN ba5 is sometimes's mentioned..... What is meant by neutrality is sort of changing though. I consider a Harman tuning to be truly neutral in the literal sense, or as close to it as you can expect. In reality, classic "audiophile" neutral refers to flat frequency response, which really isn't neutral when human hearing sensitivy is taken into account but it is still the common parlance for now.

I'm like an anti expert here though as I hate classically neutral sets. The KB Ear diamond is a good example for me of what is meant by the new neutral, or harman-esque.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2020 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 12
Cca c12 is usually mentioned, the TRN ba5 is sometimes's mentioned..... What is meant by neutrality is sort of changing though. I consider a Harman tuning to be truly neutral in the literal sense, or as close to it as you can expect. In reality, classic "audiophile" neutral refers to flat frequency response, which really isn't neutral when human hearing sensitivy is taken into account but it is still the common parlance for now.

I'm like an anti expert here though as I hate classically neutral sets. The KB Ear diamond is a good example for me of what is meant by the new neutral, or harman-esque.
understood. what i tried to say is which iem has the most balanced audio in this price range , no bass emphasize , no treble or mid emphasize or as close as it can get to that balance in this price range.

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:35 PM Post #4 of 12
Final audio E1000, Tin hifi T2 (can't say for sure as I do not have it but have the T3), lz a6 mini, shozy form 1.1

They are in order of neutralness lol

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #6 of 12
thank you so much . btw can you tell me , between e2000 and e1000 which one is more neutral ?
Don't have the E2000, but according to crinacle.com graph the e1000 is more neutral and there is no upgrade of the e1000 unlike the E2000/e3000 that has the e4000/e5000 respectively.

Feb 27, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #8 of 12
understood, but if you don't mind me bothering you with another question, how does tfz series 2 sound compared to e1000?
If I don't have them in my signature or profile page then I haven't heard them. So can't answer that, but based on tfz no.3 and my love 2019. Tfz are bass focused. And since you wanted neutral/balanced I can't recommend them.

Feb 27, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #11 of 12
I second the Final E1000's choice. Some like this set very much (as I do) and others find it boring or really bad. Divisive IEM, but it works for me, so I just can say that for USD 30.-, you get a good neutral IEM, with a hint of warmth in the midrange and pretty good bass, while treble is slightly rolled off, but with enough detail at this price point. The non-detachable cable is really strong and solid. Slightly microphonic for some, but there are much worse cables out there in that regard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back