What is the Modern Face of Horror?
Apr 5, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #31 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelconnor
The photo is rather inane, but within the greater context of what was to follow, it strikes a much more insidious tone.
This reference may be a somewhat obscure, but to those who know, this photograph is undoubtedly horrid.
KarlaHomolkaPaulBernardo.jpg

Disgustingly horrific...
mad.gif
And to think that she's out in the free world again...

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:15 PM Post #32 of 76
metaphysical, schmetaphysical. it's the real world ghoulies that get me.

05102175328_delayarrest.jpg

Apr 5, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #33 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by scrypt
For similar effect in the depiction of a place without any face whatsoever or evidence of carnage, see Eismeer, by Caspar David Friedrich.

As compared to, say, Armageddon, where that giant asteroid (as portrayed by Jerry Bruckheimer) appears to have a personal mad-on for Bruce Willis. Perhaps true horror is "Getting the Hollywood Treatment!"

Apr 5, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #34 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
Disgustingly horrific...
mad.gif
And to think that she's out in the free world again...

Would you mind enlightening us on why the picture is so horrific? Is she some sort of serial killer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scrypt
Rosset10.jpg

Now that painting is frightening. Just looking at her facial expression, manly body and the tone of the picture just screams "evil", the 'child devourer' comment doesn't help either.
eek.gif

Apr 5, 2006 at 4:35 PM Post #35 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
Would you mind enlightening us on why the picture is so horrific? Is she some sort of serial killer?

See here for more than you really wanted to know about these two. And most pictures of them together are fairly disturbing (in context), but the wedding photo does rather take the cake.

For something a little different, and certainly more extravagant, see some of Boris Artzybasheff's work.

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #41 of 76
Quote:

Originally Posted by titaniumx3
Evil knows no bounds. I actually would have preferred not knowing about this.

You did ask. I actually met a cousin (if memory serves me) of one of the victims in university. There was a movie about it made in 2005 starring Laura Prepon of 'That 70's Show' called Karla

Apr 5, 2006 at 11:32 PM Post #42 of 76
Oh please Lord NO!!! Anything but HER!!!
scaryhillaryclinton0mv.jpg

Just a very scary woman, IMO...
Slade

Apr 6, 2006 at 12:22 AM Post #43 of 76
and .... the Guinness World Record for human modern face of horror (disaster) is :

2courtAP141102_350x300.jpg

you knew it was him

michael you're not that beautiful
please no more surgery on it though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back