What is the geekiest thing you've done to/with your music?
Mar 6, 2009 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

soundboy

Headphoneus Supremus
I was re-reading 2 of my threads over at stevehoffman.tv....

What's the geekiest thing you've done to your music collection

As a CD/vinyl collector, what's the geekiest behavior you've displayed in public?

Hmmm....I seem to have cornered the market on "geeky" threads
wink.gif

I understand the difference in demographics between head-fi.org and stevehoffman.tv. Therefore, let's hear some of the geeky things you guys have done....

Mar 6, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #2 of 9
this thread title is a little unsettling...
However, back in the day i did a bunch of songs (the final countdown, 99 red balloons) as a chipmix on the gameboy with an LSDJ cartridge and also with FT not so much geeky as cool if you ask me
wink.gif

Mar 6, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by m0ofassa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this thread title is a little unsettling...

Hmmm....now that you've mentioned it

I was just listening to "99 Red Balloons" (the English version) yesterday and, OMG, I know the complete lyrics!!

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:33 PM Post #5 of 9
One song. Played for three weeks. 16/7 or so. On repeat. Over and over and over again. I was 12 at the time and every note is still engraved in my mind.

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:46 PM Post #6 of 9
you have 2 minutes to type the whole song! ^! no copy pasta :p

Mar 6, 2009 at 9:55 PM Post #7 of 9
Lining the walls of my house with ERS paper to block out stray radio frequency interference.

Helps with the CIA's orbital mind control satellites, too.

Mar 6, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lining the walls of my house with ERS paper to block out stray radio frequency interference.

Helps with the CIA's orbital mind control satellites, too.

I'm old school - tinfoil.

Mar 6, 2009 at 10:28 PM Post #9 of 9
I have PulseAudio set up on my new Aspire One netbook (crunchbang linux) and my server (gentoo linux). Using the magic of PulseAudio, I play music with my favorite music player on the netbook but output to the remote sound device on the server -- USB dac (->preamp->poweramp->big living room speakers).

The raw PCM audio stream flies over the air and out my speakers keeping my netbook wireless!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back