What is the different between Grado PS-1 and RS-1 headphone?
Aug 3, 2004 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

bbsm

New Head-Fier
I know PS-1 more expensive than RS-1.
What is the performance of Grado Ps-1 headphone?

What about Grado RS-1 headphone match grace design headphone amp?
Can this match better than Stax omega II headphone with Stax 007 solid state headphone amp?

Aug 3, 2004 at 11:39 AM Post #2 of 47
I think the ps-1 blows the rs-1 away by a far margin, then again the rs-1 sounds really close to a 225, and I really just cant find the love in the 225 sound.
is it a $750 plus margin?..to me yes.
the rs-1 overlaped to many sounds together where the ps-1 seperated. the ps-1 is the closest audiophile can to a speaker, as in it has nice bass thru out. the weight of the ps-1 is weigh more then the light rs-1. but i like that to.

I also keep trying to love the omega II's but I just dont understand what all the hype is about, they sound nice but when it comes to a full sound (aka:bass) they fall hard and fast..sounds like a blown speaker when the bass hits. personally I want to hear it all, but I have a tough time hearing bass out of headphones so the ps-1 is the way to go. I also heard a very nice hd600 that had amazing sound. I will hear that again this weekend to,,,yayyyy

Aug 3, 2004 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 47
and let me state I am not a bass head, infact I really dont listen to any big bass songs. but if you listen to speakers youll hear bass in any song, but not on headphones. after I got the ps-1's I realized what I was missing in headphones the whole time. its like a continuing bass line in any song and thru the whole song, sure any set of headphones can have a hit but when you add all the other highs and mids then the bass is just gone, but not on the ps-1's

Aug 3, 2004 at 11:51 AM Post #4 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bbsm
I know PS-1 more expensive than RS-1.
What is the performance of Grado Ps-1 headphone?

What about Grado RS-1 headphone match grace design headphone amp?
Can this match better than Stax omega II headphone with Stax 007 solid state headphone amp?

Hi bbsm,

nice to know you...

I had the RS-1
I had the PS-1
I HAVE the Omega/Egmont

The PS-1 respect to RS-1 is more thight in the bass region, and even more agressive, the most agressive headpohne I ever herad. For me was to much and not so comfortable in my head, I cannot keep this can for more then 30m in my head...

The RS-1 was a bit more "wooden sound", not so much heavhy as the sister, more relaxed and warm sound...

The Omega/Egmont is the best headphone system I have, and the ONLY ONE at the moment. I do not know if the Omega with the Stax SRM 007t is better then RS-1/Grace, I do not know the Grace, but I don't think that the Omega with the Egmont in any way (that is the 80% of the sound in the system) can be beated...

Best!
Nicola

Aug 3, 2004 at 12:09 PM Post #5 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
The PS-1 respect to RS-1 is more thight in the bass region, and even more agressive, the most agressive headpohne I ever herad. For me was to much and not so confortable in my head, I cannot keep this can for more then 30m in my head...

Dunno about anyone else, but I would resent paying over $1000 for a headphone that is not comfortable.

Aug 3, 2004 at 12:16 PM Post #7 of 47
How much weight the PS-1 ? Do you remember...? I think that is the heaviest headphone ever made... (open).

Best!
Nicola

Aug 3, 2004 at 12:26 PM Post #8 of 47
Lots of folks on here love the PS-1s. I agree with all of the above as far as way too much bass for me. I just can't understand it. It seems very unnatural. I'm sure it's a great headphone, it's just not for me.
As far as comfort, I felt uneasy with the PS-1s on my head. I felt like they would fall off, and being so heavy I felt that they would fall hard.
I thought the RS-1s were very nice, but for the price difference I'd go with the 225s, to me it's the definite sweet spot in the Grado line.

Aug 3, 2004 at 12:31 PM Post #9 of 47
anyone have any idea on how the ps-1 compares to the sr225/sr325/ms-2?

i'm curious as to what the improvements are as you go up along the 'metal' grado line.

Aug 3, 2004 at 1:06 PM Post #10 of 47
as far as I could read about the PS-1 here on the forum, they have the best grado sound you can imagine with A LOT of bass

the (un)comfort level should be the same for the 325s.... are the PS-1 much heavier than the 325s?

personally I got used to the grado design and even 325s' weight it's not a problem

the point with PS-1 could be they may sound too "aggressive" as Nik said and with too much bass; while RS-1 are so gentle.

[ and 750$ it's a lot of money ]

J|!

Aug 3, 2004 at 1:11 PM Post #12 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacopo
as far as I could read about the PS-1 here on the forum, they have the best grado sound you can imagine with A LOT of bass

the (un)comfort level should be the same for the 325s.... are the PS-1 much heavier than the 325s?

personally I got used to the grado design and even 325s' weight it's not a problem

the point with PS-1 could be they may sound too "aggressive" as Nik said and with too much bass; while RS-1 are so gentle.

[ and 750$ it's a lot of money ]

J|!

wait till you have them for a week and tell me the $750 is alot to pay, atleast try them before making a choice if they are worth it or not..or maybe $750 being alot of money..you never know how they sound till you have them for a week. and not this I listened to them at a meet for 2seconds crap.

lol j/k

Aug 3, 2004 at 1:13 PM Post #13 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
225=rs1
325=ps1

thats how i firgure it, cant stand the 225's and the rs-1's, Trust me i tried and tried.

but i love the 325's and i like the ps-1.

cmon bhd812
wink.gif

RS-1 are far better than 325

Aug 3, 2004 at 1:18 PM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812
wait till you have them for a week and tell me the $750 is alot to pay, atleast try them before making a choice if they are worth it or not..or maybe $750 being alot of money..you never know how they sound till you have them for a week. and not this I listened to them at a meet for 2seconds crap.

lol j/k

yep I really cant wait to try them
in my plans (dreams?) I'll have enough money by the end of the year
3000smile.gif
:

J|!

Aug 3, 2004 at 1:51 PM Post #15 of 47
I have both the 325's and the PS-1. I use both of them every day (325's at work and PS-1's at home) The PS-1's have more bass, but it's not overwhelming or distracting like the Beyer DT770. For me, it's the most enjoyable headphone I have ever listened to. The PS-1 compliments any musical selection I throw at it. They are heavy, no doubt about that, but I don't find it uncomfortable at all, even after extended listening. If you love music, they are well worth the money in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back