What is the difference between the Sony MDR-10R and Sony MDR-10RC?
Nov 19, 2013 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

dreamycreamy

New Head-Fier
They both seem to have the same specs, come in the same colours, except the 10R is over the ear while the 10RC is on the ear.

Also, I can only find the 10RC (and MDR-10RBT at £199) in the UK whereas the 10R (and MDR-10RBT and MDR-10RNC) is everywhere else in the world it seems.

The 10RC is £149 straight from Sony and the 10R is $199 straight from Sony.

I really like the white and prefer the 10R as it covers the ear but can't understand why the fit is the only difference, why not make them available in the UK?

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 11
That's what I thought. It just seems funny that the US version is closed but the UK version is open (and therefore smaller) and the UK version is fold-able. The specifications are exactly the same.

Sony is very confusing, they should have just gone with one design, it would have made more financial sense for manufacturing.

I hope it might just be early days and that the US version will come to the UK. I just love the all white colour instead of the norm (or tacky colourful beats) black headphones.

Nov 19, 2013 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 11
Nov 19, 2013 at 8:24 PM Post #6 of 11
Nov 22, 2013 at 11:19 PM Post #8 of 11
They both seem to have the same specs, come in the same colours, except the 10R is over the ear while the 10RC is on the ear.

Also, I can only find the 10RC (and MDR-10RBT at £199) in the UK whereas the 10R (and MDR-10RBT and MDR-10RNC) is everywhere else in the world it seems.

The 10RC is £149 straight from Sony and the 10R is $199 straight from Sony.

I really like the white and prefer the 10R as it covers the ear but can't understand why the fit is the only difference, why not make them available in the UK?

Heh so I'm wondering exactly the same thing but reversed--I'm in US and just found out about the 10RC a few days ago. So does that mean I won't be able to get them over here locally??

I'm looking for something more portable than the 10R/1R (I'm fine with on-ear). Hmm I'm wondering if we could do a swap somehow...

Jan 19, 2014 at 12:44 PM Post #9 of 11
The difference for me is the size weight and the amount of bass that can reproduce this model seems interesting.
I would like to hear about to see the real difference with my mdr-10r.

Mar 30, 2015 at 11:14 AM Post #11 of 11
All I wonder about is: do the 10R sound the same, better or worse than the foldable model? I had the possibility to hear the 10RC in a shop and I really liked them and I was thinkin' bout buying them. Then I discovered there was the over the ear model, which should really be more comfortable, but on some threads (I don't remember where I read that) they say the 10R sound less good than the 10RC model. Is the driver the same? I guess they both use a 40mm neodymium one...
Anyone has compared them? Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back