what is the difference between Ed9 and Denon d5000?
Feb 8, 2009 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

nsc4u

Head-Fier
hi, i am quite new on hifi.. so here is my problem. i have ed9 and denon d5000, i plug both of them into my rudistor nx03 and a/b them.. and i can barely heard the difference.is there anyone can tell me the difference so i can try to heard it by myself? p.s i am listening classic at the moment, will try some other type of music later..or can you give me some idea which kind of music i can hear the most difference? thx

Feb 8, 2009 at 9:31 AM Post #2 of 13
Hm i briefly heard the ED9 and remembered it to be a fast and aggressive can with slam as compared to the D5000 which i own now and loving it.

I remembered listening to Paramore's Misery Business on them and felt that the speed and bass slam were rather different.

Help this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:20 AM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by djlemon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hm i briefly heard the ED9 and remembered it to be a fast and aggressive can with slam as compared to the D5000 which i own now and loving it.

I remembered listening to Paramore's Misery Business on them and felt that the speed and bass slam were rather different.

Help this helps
smily_headphones1.gif

thx, other that the fast and aggressive, how about the soundstage,bass,mid,clear or something else difference?

Feb 8, 2009 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 13
I have the PRO 900 and tried the markl D5000 and not the Ed 9 but I am really surprised there isn´t bigger differences between the ED 9 and stock D5000.

You could try some gregorian or other music with a lot of reverb put into the mix and something with really fast drum beats or gitarr solos
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #6 of 13
I don't get your post, how do you know there isn't a bigger difference between the ED9 and the D5000 if you don't own a ED9? The Pro900 sounds very different from the ED9.

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:22 PM Post #7 of 13
where did I say I knew that????

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:38 PM Post #8 of 13
Classical music doesn't have much bass, so they will indeed sound fairly similar. It's when you listen to radically different music that you'll notice the difference, which is mainly in the bass, if you're just talking EQ.

Feb 8, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #9 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the PRO 900 and tried the markl D5000 and not the Ed 9 but I am really surprised there isn´t bigger differences between the ED 9 and stock D5000.

Here. Unless you mean you instantly believed the OP because he said so, it was unclear for me.

Feb 8, 2009 at 3:20 PM Post #11 of 13
About a thousand dollars and a whole different sound signature.

Feb 8, 2009 at 4:57 PM Post #12 of 13
I did believe him of course why wouldn´t I
smily_headphones1.gif
... It just surprised me based on my experience with the 750 for example and what I read about the ED 9 wasn´t supposed to be that alienated from, that it would certainly have family traits from that one. Since nothing is even remotely closed with the markl modded D5000...

Feb 8, 2009 at 5:31 PM Post #13 of 13
From what I have heard, you should listen to rock with the ED 9s. They are not a can built for classical. Even then, there should be a pretty huge difference in sound sig I would think. I haven't heard either, but based on what others have said, they are very different cans with different strengths.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back